9th January 2014, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Doubt regarding Aircraft compass swing training

I'm aircraft maintenance engineer licensed look for attending complete course about aircraft compass to be certified to issue certificate for compass swing the course materials should be theoretical &practical plus on job training in life three aircraft .can you help me
awaiting your quick response
engineer moneim

16th January 2014, 06:19 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Doubt regarding Aircraft compass swing training

The Compass swing word brings the images of a time-consuming task . I think you are familiar with this task . It is like

→ Engines Running

→ Sitting Inside the Air Craft

→ Air Conditioner Off ..

So it does not disrupt the Magnetic compass , as you taxi all around the compass rose. Relying on co-workers accuracy in lining the aircraft up with the line marked on the compass role .

Usually in the following cases one can perform a compass swing actions :

several instances when a compass swing must be performed . They generally include :

> After a Cockpit modification or major replacement involving ferrous metal

> Whenever the accuracy of the compass is suspected

> After aircraft has passed through a several electrical storm and after a lightning strike

> Whenever a compass has been subjected to a shock

> When the flux valves are replaced

> And after an aircraft has been parked on the one heading for more than a year .

You need to study all above the above mentioned ones one by one to get full details . Of cours training will be given in the coaching .

You should remove any magnetic or ferrous items from person .Use only non - magnetic tools when adjusting the compass .

To say , Mechanics typically use one of two methods to swing the compass on an aircraft . So I think you may get certified from “ Hindustan Aeronautics Limited “
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?