22nd February 2015, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing B.Com and MBA?

Sir/ Madam,

I have done my graduation b.com from yashwantrao chavan maharashtra open university and mba from periyar university distance mode. I have not done 10th and 12th and got thru with the graduating admission thru test. Both the universities are legal universities and are recognised by UGC.

I have secured 82% in my b.com. and 70% in my mba. I also have total work experience of 14 years with some of the big companies in marketing and business development.

Now I am interested to do phd. Kindly let me know if I am eligible for phd. And also which universities should I go to for phd in management considering my background.

Thank you.
Vijay H.

22nd February 2015, 11:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing B.Com and MBA?

If you have completed your MBA with more that 55% marks from a recognized college then you are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission. You have good amount of experience in the relevant field and you can apply for admission in Ph.D on the basis of it.

For people with 5 years or more experience in given field there is no entrance exam and they can apply for Ph.D admission if they have the Master's degree. You can surely apply for Ph.D in Marketing field. Just apply according to the admission notification. Every university releases their own admission notification each year for Ph.D admission.
22nd February 2015, 11:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing B.Com and MBA?

Yes, you have completed MBA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D degree. But you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

Procedure for Ph.D course:-

1)Subject wise written test

2)Technical interview.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?