20th July 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D directly after completion of MCA course? or I need to do M.Phil?

After clearing my mca can i do phd directly?
otherwise i need to do first m.phil? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria required for the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon. Thanks!

21st July 2016, 05:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D directly after completion of MCA course? or I need to do M.Phil?

Yes definitely you are eligible to pursue PhD course after completion of your masters Course in Computer Application. You should have at least 55% marks in your masters course in order to pursue PhD.
There is no upper age limit. Only thing that is required is valid UGC NET score card.
21st July 2016, 07:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D directly after completion of MCA course? or I need to do M.Phil?

Yes, since you have done MCA which is a Masters degree course, you are eligible to opt for Ph.D course directly. You do not need to do M.Phil.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
21st July 2016, 08:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Admission in Ph.D after MCA degree is definitely possible. There is no need to do M.Phil if your aim is doing Ph.D. Admission in Ph.D is through entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.

Those who have M.Phil degree are exempted from entrance exam. Hence, you need to perform well in entrance exam for getting admission.
22nd July 2016, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
otherwise i need to do first m.phil? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria required for the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon. Thanks!
After completion of MCA degree, you can apply for Ph.D course. But you must have valid GATE or UGC NET exam.

M.Phil degree is not required for Ph.D course.

But your MCA degree marks must be above 55% marks. There are no age criteria.
22nd July 2016, 05:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You will have to do M.Phil or you can even appear and clear GATE examination in order to get admission in PhD course from a recognized University. Therefore, now it is upto you as to which option you would want to opt for.
22nd July 2016, 06:21 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD directly after completion of MCA course. M.Phil course is not a mandatory course for PhD. Candidates should have studied MCA and scored over 60% marks are eligible to apply for PhD in Computer Science. Candidates have to appear for Research Entrance Test (RET) organized by the institution, followed by interview for the candidates who qualify RET. The exemption in entrance test will be given for the candidates who cleared GATE/NET/SET/M.Phil. The PhD in Computer Science is available in the institutions given below;

International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad - Website Link
IGNOU - Website Link
CMR Institute of Technology - Website Link
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology - Website Link
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?