30th June 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D even if I have low CGPA?

I have got 6.5cgpa out of 10 in my mtech structural engineering.Though I got 72% in my B.E. and 67.25% and 60% in 10th and 12th board exam resectively.So my question is that with that lower cgpa in M.Tech can I get a chance to do my phd?Nabanita

30th June 2016, 06:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D even if I have low CGPA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 6.5cgpa out of 10 in my mtech structural engineering.Though I got 72% in my B.E. and 67.25% and 60% in 10th and 12th board exam resectively.So my question is that with that lower cgpa in M.Tech can I get a chance to do my phd?Nabanita
The marks you have scored in Graduation is 72% and in Post Graduation is 61.75%, so you are eligible to do a PhD. Master Degree with 55% of marks is the basic qualification requirement for the PhD. Those who are pursuing the final year of Master degree are also eligible to apply the course. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the selection. The PhD course is available in various universities in India.
1st July 2016, 12:51 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D even if I have low CGPA?

You are not eligible to pursue Ph.D after scoring 6.5 CGPA in your master degree. You must have to score at least 6.75 CGPA or 60% marks in your master degree to apply for Ph.D.
However if you belongs to reserved category then you are eligible to apply for Ph.D with 6.5 CGPA in your master degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?