5th March 2015, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Nanotechnology after completing B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering?

Hello guys,
Can I do PhD in NANO Technology ?
I am in my final year of
B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering
So, kindly tell me I am eligible or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Nanotechnology after completing B.Tech Electrical course?
  2. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  3. Could I do Nanotechnology after engineering? Is engineering and nanotechnology a different thing?
  4. How to get admission for Ph.D in Nanotechnology from universities in USA and UK after completing M.tech Nanotechnology course?
  5. What is the future in Nanotechnology after completing engineering in IT field from Mumbai University? What are the jobs available in Nanotechnology after completing engineering in IT field
  6. How to do Ph.D after completing M.Tech Medical Nanotechnology at Sastra University? What are the opportunities in India?
  7. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  8. Possibility of studying Ph.D Nanotechnology after B.E.(ECE)?
  9. How should I join defence sector after doing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials engineering?
  10. In which college to go for PhD Nanotechnology? How to apply and outcomes of study?
  11. Can I apply fopr AIEEE after completing diploma in Metallurgical engineering?
  12. Do girls have any scope in Metallurgical Engineering? Colleges offering Metallugical Engineering? Is it a good course?
  13. Which institute is good to pickup for Ph.D Nanotechnology in Gujarat?
  14. Can I apply for AIEEE after completing diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  15. Scope and renumeration of nanotechnology in India and Abroad? Which are the colleges offering B.Tech Nanotechnology?
  16. Scope of Ph.D in abroad for M.Phil in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology candidate?
  17. B.Tech Nanotechnology holder can write IITJAM for M.Sc?
  18. Institutes offering course in Ph.D Nanotechnology or Nanomedicine? -- [Most Discussed]
5th March 2015, 11:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Nanotechnology after completing B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering?

For getting admission in Ph.D Nanotechnology you must have M.Tech in Nanotechnology or its equivalent qualification with at least 55% marks. You only have a B.Tech degree which is not sufficient for getting admission in a Ph.D program. Therefore, you have to complete Master's degree or opt for a integrated M.Tech- Ph.D program which are offered by very few Universities in India. Admission in Ph.D program is mostly based on the NET/SLET/JRF scores and interview. Those who don't have these scores have to appear for entrance exam and interview which is conducted by University.
6th March 2015, 11:41 AM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Nanotechnology after completing B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible for PhD. in Nanotechnology. This might sound a bit implausible to few people. But today it is possible. Earlier the scenario was different. Earlier the candidates had to opt for the domain of PhD. in which they have done their Master’s in. Now you can go for interdisciplinary studies too.

You must not be familiar with interdisciplinary studies. The term “interdisciplinary studies” is related to disciplines including the one that you have your education background from and disciplines other than that one. Now for PhD. earlier the rule was that if you are from Physics Honors and your specialization was in optics(say), then you would have to do PhD. in a domain related to optics only.

But today say you have a Master Degree in Physics and your specialization is in electromagnetism then although you have to stick to Physics for your PhD. but still you can include other disciplines into it. For example if you are also interested in Nanotechnology, then you can include problems from Nanotechnology into your PhD. thesis. This will be considered even better for your thesis completion. But you have to keep the main essence of your thesis in basic Physics domain. If you take care of this aspect then there will be no problem in doing PhD. in Nanotechnology, even if you are a B.Tech in Metallurgy. Only thing you must have a master degree and in your case an M.Tech. in Metallurgy. Without Master degree you are not eligible for PhD. at all.

There is only one restriction as far as PhD. is concerned. If you are from science domain, then you will have to go for PhD. in science. If you are from management domain, then PhD. in management, if you are from arts then PhD. must be done in arts only. You cannot do “interdisciplinary studies” in between streams. In one stream you can choose any kind of specialization you want. If you want you can club Metallurgy, Electronics and Nanotechnology. But you cannot impose History into it. I hope I could clear all your doubts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?