9th April 2023, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Lecturer post who have completed BE and 4 yrs exp in IT field

Am i eligible for Lecturer in Engg/Polytechnic colleges. I have completed BE with first class distinction at 2011 and worked in reputed MNC as a software engineer for 4 years. I want to switch to Lecturer field.

13th April 2023, 01:20 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Lecturer post who have completed BE and 4 yrs exp in IT field

An applicant would need to hold a Master's Degree in the pertinent field and an exceptional record of academic achievement to be considered for a Lecturer position.

Also, the National Eligibility Test (NET), or a comparable test given by the UGC/CSIR, or a Ph. D., must be passed by candidates to be qualified for the post.
13th April 2023, 09:56 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Lecturer post who have completed BE and 4 yrs exp in IT field

To become a lecturer in an engineering college, the eligibility criteria typically require the candidate to have a postgraduate degree (Master's degree) in the relevant field along with a valid NET (National Eligibility Test) or SET (State Eligibility Test) score. However, some colleges or universities may also consider candidates with a Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience in the field.

In your case, you have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (BE) and 4 years of experience in the IT field, which may be considered relevant to some extent. However, a postgraduate degree in the relevant field, such as ME/M.Tech, would enhance your chances of becoming a lecturer in an engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?