28th August 2015, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Ph.D course through GATE exam right after completion of M.Sc course?

Hello,

I am M.Sc. last year student , can i apply for PhD through GATE exam. Can someone please provide me the answer on this? I really wanted to understand the information soon as possible and proceed with the same? Awaiting for the answer!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  2. Can a student not having GATE score apply for M.Sc engineering? Is there any other tests in IIT's for M.Sc or PhD engineering admissions?
  3. Can I get admission for M.Tech being a candidate of B.Sc in Computer Science?
  4. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  5. Can I apply for Ph.D in Life Sciences programme in NIT if completed M.Sc(Microbiology) through GATE?
  6. How can I apply for GATE exam after completion of MSc Maths 2nd year
  7. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I pursue Ph.D in Chemistry through GATE?
  9. Can I apply for Ph.D course through GATE exam right after completion of M.Sc course? -- [New]
  10. GATE qualified M.Sc Biotechnology holder can apply for PhD in NIPER?
  11. With GATE 2009 score card can I apply for NIPER PhD? What shall I do to get admission in NIPER for PhD?
  12. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc for PhD? In which college of Rajasthan to apply? Which exam to give for colleges in Rajasthan?
  13. How to apply for distance PhD next year if missed this year?
  14. Can I apply for PhD course in NIPER with GATE scorecard through which I am studying M.Pharma?
  15. Can I apply for GATE after M.Sc. in Biochemistry?
  16. Where can I apply for PhD in Biomedical Instrumentation with valid GATE score?
  17. Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  18. Cutoff GATE score required to study PhD in Food Technology?
28th August 2015, 05:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D course through GATE exam right after completion of M.Sc course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am M.Sc. last year student , can i apply for PhD through GATE exam. Can someone please provide me the answer on this? I really wanted to understand the information soon as possible and proceed with the same? Awaiting for the answer!
Yes, after completion of M.Sc degree you can apply for Ph.D course through GATE score card.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
31st August 2015, 05:35 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D course through GATE exam right after completion of M.Sc course?

Yes you can apply for the course of PhD with your GATE Score Card.
You need to have a very good percentile if you want to get selected for the course of PhD.
You need to make sure that you are having a Masters Degree with an aggregate score of 55% marks.
If you are fulfilling this criteria then you have a very good chance of getting admitted to the course of PhD with a good GATE Score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?