1st June 2020, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Professor through distance PhD(Urdu) program?

Hi everyone, I have completed my MA in Urdu course and I am teaching in a Primary school. I am thinking of doing distance PhD in Urdu. So, if I do PhD in distance mode, then I will become a Professor or not?

3rd June 2020, 10:49 PM
Pore Avinash vishnu

Default Re: Can I become a Professor through distance PhD(Urdu) program?

According to ugc norms PhD under ugc institute helpful for the post of assistant professor in urdu.so PhD under open University will also helpful for assistant professor in Urdu.The reputed Universities that provide PhD course for the subject Urdu are 1)Punjab University 2) University of jamuu 3) University of Madras 4) University of Rajasthan 5)Maulana Azad national Urdu University 6) University of Mysore 7)chaudhran chearan Singh University 8)University of Mumbai 9)osmania University 10) University of hydranad 11)wws ,Kolkata 12)nalanda open University
Check this list, according to me these University will provide you PhD course in subject of Urdu.
6th June 2020, 02:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Professor through distance PhD(Urdu) program?

You cannot become a professor through distance PhD:-

The PhD degrees obtained through distance education / open university system are in eligible for appointment as lecturers or professors in Colleges and Universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?