26th October 2017, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for NET and CSIR exam being a B.Sc Plant Sciences student? Which are the topics I should cover?

Sir, I am studying B.Sc Plant Sciences and wanted to appear in NET and CSIR exam. Please tell me how to prepare for the exam? Which are the topics I should cover?

Related Questions:
27th October 2017, 11:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for NET and CSIR exam being a B.Sc Plant Sciences student? Which are the topics I should cover?

B.Sc candidates can't apply for NET and CSIR exams. You need to have at least a masters degree with 55% marks to become eligible for applying. Hence, at the moment you should concentrated on present studies.

After the graduation, you should opt masters and along with it prepare for the exam based in the CSIR syllabus. You have to choose the subject according to your post graduation.
28th October 2017, 01:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for NET and CSIR exam being a B.Sc Plant Sciences student? Which are the topics I should cover?

Since, you are studying B.Sc in Plant Science, you are not eligible to appear for the NET examination at this instant because the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in the NET examination is completion of Masters degree course in the relevant field.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
So, first complete your M.Sc course in Plant Science, you can apply for NET examination.
28th October 2017, 08:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

There are several good books that are recommended for appearing in CSIR and NET being a Plant Sciences candidate.

Some of the best books are,

>> Objective Life Science: MCQs for Life Science Examination by Kailash/ Saran R P/ Raliya. Ramesh Choudhary

>> CSIR UGC NET Life Science by RPH Editorial Board

>> UGC CSIR NET Life Science (JRF & LS) by Ashish Nagesh, Quaisher J Hossain

Some of the important topics are, Cellular Organization, Molecules and their interaction, Cell Signalling and Cell Communication, System Physiology, Inheritance Biology, Ecological Principles, Developmental Biology..etc.,
28th October 2017, 09:12 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

If you want to go for NET (National Eligibility Test) CSIR exam after completing B.SC in plant science, then you must have to prepare below mentioned CSIR NET exam syllabus:-

Syllabus to be Prepared for CSIR NET Exam:- There are three parts of CSIR NET exam and syllabus for all three parts is as below:-

Syllabus for Part A:- Logical reasoning, Analytical and numerical ability, Quantitative comparison, Series formation and puzzles etc. Part A consists of 15 marks and carries 30 marks.

Syllabus for Part B:- Based on science and engineering aptitude and carries 70 marks.

Syllabus for Part C:- Based on topics like scientific concepts and application of scientific concepts, Analytical concepts and Carries 100 marks.

-Exam is multiple choice questions which carries 200 mark and duration of exam is 3 hours.

- There is also negative marking for wrong answers.

Eligibility Conditions for CSIR NET Exam:-
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for NET exam is 28 years, Relaxation of 5 years for reserve category candidates.
  • Qualification required to apply is bachelors degree in science or equivalent qualification with minimum 55% marks, Relaxation of 5% marks for reserve category candidates.

- For more details please visit www.csirhrdg.res.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?