7th January 2015, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?

I have done my M.Sc chemistry from distance mode, is it possible for me to phd in chemistry in distance .Plz send list of universities offering such courses on distance mode.?

Is it advisible to do phd chemistry in distance mode?

Regards
Ratan Manna

21st May 2015, 11:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?

Yes, many Universities offer distance mode Ph.D in various disciplines. IGNOU is one of the biggest distance education University with learning centers all over the country. You can apply for admission when the notification for admission is released by the respective University.

Although, it will be very difficult to handle Ph.D in Chemistry because it requires a lot of lab work. Hence, it is advisable to do a full time regular Ph.D in this field. Also, make sure that you have a Master's degree in given field with at least 55% marks. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category. Admission is based on the performance in the entrance exam and interview in most top Universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?