30th December 2016, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligbility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in Botany?

Sir/Mam, I have completed my M.Sc in Botany in the year 2004 and also qualified CSIR NET 'LS' in 2006 but at present working as scientific assistant in a Textile testing Lab but my future goal is to do Ph.D in in botany in India or abroad. My special subject Environmental botany but i am so much interested in Plant tissue culture and genetic engineering so can I do Ph.D in that subject instead of my special subject and tell me the eligibility and requirements to do Ph.D botany in India or abroad?

1st January 2017, 04:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligbility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in Botany?

Eligibility criteria for doing PhD in Botany :-

MSc in botany is those who want to pursue higher education in this field.

Normally, those who want to become lecturer in life science college opt for this course. If you can complete M.Sc with 55% marks than you will be eligible for NET/ SET which is required for government lecturer job.

If you qualify NET/ SET then you have good chance of getting lecturer job in top Universities and you will get salary according to government pay scale.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?