21st February 2017, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed to apply for Ph.D?

What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed to apply for Ph.D? I completed M.com by distance ANUCDE. Am I eligible to do apply for Ph.D now? If not what should I do to be eligible? Can you please give me the details on the same soon? Thanks!

22nd February 2017, 04:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed to apply for Ph.D?

Minimum eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D:-

To join the ph.D course one has to apply for the Net examination conducted by the UGC.

Eligibility criteria for the net examination is that:-

The candidate should have passed minimum masters degree from a recognised institution with the minimum 55% marks in aggregate.

To apply for Junior research fellowship programme the age of the candidate should be less than 28 years.
22nd February 2017, 04:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed to apply for Ph.D?

If you have completed your masters degree in commerce then you can definitely apply for PhD in commerce and for that you have to follow the given below eligibility criteria:

To pursue PhD in commerce you need to complete your master degree with minimum 55%.The duration of the course is 2 years and the procedure is different from different universities. First of all you have to choose University in which you want to take admission and then download application form along with instructions from you official website of the institute. Upload your photo and submit the fully filled application form and note the application number, password and bank account detail for future reference.
22nd February 2017, 07:40 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Minimum eligibility criteria for PHD:

Qualification: Master's degree from a recognised University with the minimum 50% marks in any discipline.

Entrance Exam: NET/ JRF
23rd February 2017, 12:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum eligibility criteria followed to apply for Ph.D? I completed M.com by distance ANUCDE. Am I eligible to do apply for Ph.D now? If not what should I do to be eligible? Can you please give me the details on the same soon? Thanks!
Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.

To get admission in Ph.D in Commerce, you must have valid an UGC NET score card.
23rd February 2017, 08:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification to apply for Ph.D admission in India is a masters degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks or above. Just make sure you have pursued degree from a recognized university.

Hence, If you have M.Com degree with 55% marks, then surely you can apply for Ph.D admission. Just make sure distance education university is approved by UGC.
24th February 2017, 12:10 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The basic educational qualification required to apply for Ph.D is as follows.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree or Post Graduation in any discipline or concerned discipline from a recognized university.

>> The minimum percentage required in Master's Degree must be 55% marks from a recognized university.

>> Besides this criteria, you must have qualified in any of the Entrance Examination to pursue Ph.D program. You must have to qualify either GATE Exam or CISR or UGC NET Examination.
24th February 2017, 12:26 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to apply for Ph.D course after the completion of M.Com.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to apply for Ph.D course, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree course from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
23rd July 2017, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for doing PhD in Urdu who have already completed m.phil degree.tell about obc candidate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?