13th April 2022, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MBA if completed UG degree in 5 years?

Heyy due to some problems i completed my 3 years UG degree in 5 years and scored 92 percentile in MAT. I am also having an 2 years Experience as software engg. am i eligible for PGDM or MBA ?

14th April 2022, 11:28 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MBA if completed UG degree in 5 years?

Yes you are eligible, you can apply for MBA after such gap.
For getting admission to MBA course , Candidate must have completed 3 to 4 year graduation with atleast 50% marks .
There is no age limit for admission to MBA program.
Work experience is also required as well as good score in entrance exam and personal interview also matters.
Some of entrance exam are
CAT
GMAT
XAT
ATMA etc
14th April 2022, 04:01 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to study for MBA. But you have to appear for the entrance exam and qualify for the exam to get eligible for MBA.
14th April 2022, 06:41 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for an MBA is
* The candidate should be at least 21 years of age

* He has a graduate degree under the scheme of 10+2+3 as prescribed by the UGC.

Since you fulfill the above criteria, you are eligible for MBA.
14th April 2022, 10:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBA refers to Master of Business Administration and the basic qualification required for pursuing the same degree course is just a graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed your undergraduation even 5 years ago, you are eligible to pursue MBA degree course as far as the educational qualification for the same degree course is concerned.

But, yo get admission in any top management college to pursue PGDM or MBA degree course, you need to qualify management entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc..
14th April 2022, 10:19 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can complete MBA degree any time there is no age restriction for this course.

Qualification required for MBA is, candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university
15th April 2022, 10:11 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for MBA. Final-year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for MBA, provided they present the proof of completion of Graduation degree within the duration specified by the institute. Professionals with CA/CS/ICWAI and other degrees can also pursue MBA.
15th April 2022, 11:16 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes you're eligible for MBA. Final-year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for MBA, provided they present the proof of completion of Graduation degree within the duration specified by the institute. Professionals with CA/CS/ICWAI and other degrees can also pursue MBA.
15th April 2022, 12:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MBA course. Candidates with bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline are eligible to pursue the course.

Admission procedure varies with institutions. So, you can visit the official website to get detail information about the admission procedure.
15th April 2022, 12:14 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

MBA is Master in Business Administration. It is two year master degree course.

The common eligibilty to pursue the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no upper age limit.

Examination is conducted for the admission in the course.

So, you are eligible to pursue the course on the basis of your eligibility.
15th April 2022, 07:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, even having completed your UG (undergraduation) degree in 5 years, you are eligible to pursue MBA degree course as far as the educational requirement is concerned as once you clear your backlogs of graduation degree it becomes equivalent to a regular graduation degree.

Also, your work experience and MAT percentile score will increase your chances of getting admission in good management colleges.
15th April 2022, 07:29 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for the admission in MBA course. It is two year course. Candidates with bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you can apply for the admission in the course in the institution of your choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?