29th October 2016, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

How can I pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc (Nursing)? Is it possible?

Hello Sir, How may I join MBBS degree program after completion of B.Sc Nursing course? I have completed B.Sc (Nursing) and now I want to pursue MBBS. In which year can I get admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue MBBS after completing four years B.Sc Nursing course?
  2. How can I pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc Nursing? Which entrance exam do I have to write and which college will I get?
  3. Courses that I can pursue after BSc Nursing? Is it possible to do MBBS after BSc nursing?
  4. Can I pursue MBBS from any Country after completing B.Sc Nursing from India? What do I have to do to get admission in Abroad? -- [New]
  5. Can I pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc Nursing? What is the procedure of admission?
  6. How to get admission in MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? Details of the medical colleges which are offering MBBS course after BSc Nursing? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc Nursing? What is the procedure of admission and course duration?
  8. Can we do MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? What are the opportunities for BSc nurses in defence service?
  9. Admission in MBBS after completing B.Sc in Nursing?
  10. How to do MBBS after completing BSc Nursing?
  11. How to take MBBS after completion of BSc Nursing?
  12. Am I eligible to do MBBS after completing BSc Nursing degree?
  13. How can I get admission in MBBS 2nd year after completing BSc Nursing? I am a student of BIMR Nursing college of BSc Nursing
  14. Information about BSc course? Is it possible to pursue MBBS after completing BSc? Eligibility criteria to apply for MBBS after completing BSc?
  15. What is the scope of BSc Nursing?
  16. How can I join MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? What is the fee structure?
  17. Can I do MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? Which are the colleges offering the course in Kerala?
  18. MBBS course after completing B.Sc in Nursing from abroad? Duration and fee of MBBS course in India? What are the exams to be written to join MBBS course?
30th October 2016, 05:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc (Nursing)? Is it possible?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. If you want to get admission in MBBS course then you will have to clear National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education every year for MBBS and BDS course.

The eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board examination with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Minimum of 50% marks in board examination is required to apply for NEET exam.

>>The age limit is 17-25 years on 31st December of year of examination.

After Bachelor of Nursing, your age must be within limit required for NEET. The notification for NEET 2017 will be released in December, 2016, after that you can apply for NEET exam and crack it to get admission in MBBS. You will get admission in first year of MBBS.
30th October 2016, 11:26 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc (Nursing)? Is it possible?

Yes, it is possible for you to pursue MBBS after completing B.Sc Nursing course. But, it will again waste another five and half years to complete it. In order to pursue MBBS you have to appear and qualify the NEET entrance examination. So, if you score high in the entrance examination the you can pursue MBBS.

You have to start the MBBS course from the 1st year only as because, there is no lateral entry for the same which means that you cannot get direct admission in the 2nd year of MBBS. You have to get admission in the 1st year and complete the total five and half years course.
31st October 2016, 02:23 PM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, How may I join MBBS degree program after completion of B.Sc Nursing course? I have completed B.Sc (Nursing) and now I want to pursue MBBS. In which year can I get admission?
THe BSc. Nursing degree will be helpful for your medicine studies but the basic eligibility criteria for MBBS in India is 50% in PUC (Bio-Science) and Good rank in NEET exam. Also there is an age limit of 25 for entrance application. If you satisfy these criteria and is ready for committing next 5 years for studies and have a real passion for this profession, then go for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?