25th August 2016, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Would it be good to do M.Com before MBA?

Hello I am Rupam Deka. I am first year B.Com student from Pune university. I am thinking of doing M.Com after my B.Com but my aim is doing MBA. So, I am confused that would it will be good to do M.Com before MBA. Please help me out.

27th August 2016, 12:37 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Would it be good to do M.Com before MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello I am Rupam Deka. I am first year B.Com student from Pune university. I am thinking of doing M.Com after my B.Com but my aim is doing MBA. So, I am confused that would it will be good to do M.Com before MBA. Please help me out.
Yes, of course it is good to do M.Com before MBA. By doing M.Com course you can gain Accounts subject techniques and knowledge. See both the MBA and M.Com courses are different specialization. Doing MBA after MBA will help expertise in both the Accounts and Management field. It will be a added advantage at the time of finding a job.
27th August 2016, 02:37 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

M.Com stands for Master of Commerce while MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.
Both these degrees are of 2 years for students who have completed their bachelor degree program from any recognized university.

If you aim is to do MBA then pursing M.Com after B.Com will be just waste of time as both degrees are equivalent.
The best institute for MBA in India is IIM(Indian Institute of Management).
For admission in IIMs, candidates need to score very high( at least more than 94 percentile) in CAT examination for guaranteed admission in any course.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test which is conducted on basis of regulation by IIMs.
Candidates not only need to score high percentile in CAT but also, they need to go through group discussion and personal interview round in the IIM campus to get admission.

So, you need to prepare very well to pursue your dream course in best institute of India.
30th August 2016, 03:50 PM
Ujla Thakur

If you want to enter the field of teaching, then only you should go for M.Com. Undoubtedly M.B.A has a good scope. For this, you need to prepare for CAT exam. In addition to do this, you can pursue CFA alongside.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?