9th October 2016, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for the campus placement even after failing in one subject and have 60% throughout semester?

If i fail in 1 subject then still my percentage becomes 60% in semester 1...! Is that allowed...?

i will try to maintain 60% in all the remaining 7 semesters...!

Am i eligible for the campus interview...? Can you please give me the right details on the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 65% marks upto 4th semester in B.Tech?
  2. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
  3. Will there be a problem in campus placement if I had backlog during my 1st year of B.E studies?
  4. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  5. Am I eligible for campus placement with 51% marks in 10th?
  6. From which semester infosys will ask for the marks aggregate to be eligible for campus placement?
  7. Am I eligible to go for TCS campus placement if I have 1 backpaper with 59 percentae marks till 5th semester?
  8. Am I eligible for infosys campus placement with 74% marks in 10th, 66% in 12th and 64% in B.Tech?
  9. Am I eligible to sit in campus placement for Infosys if I have 60% above marks in 10th, 12th and UG till 5th semester?
  10. Am I eligible for TCS campus placements after failing in 6th semester?
  11. Which all off campus placement I am eligible to apply if I have 70 percent more marks in 10th, 12th and B.E till 3rd semester?
  12. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 86% in 10th, 81% in 12th and 60% in all semester
  13. Am i eligible for campus placement with 65% in BE?
  14. Am I eligible for campus placement with 57 percentage marks in 12th and 7.43 CGPA till 5th semester? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for on campus placement if I have a pending subject backlog?
  16. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 56.8% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for big MNC companies campus placement?
  18. Is there any off campus placement taking place in Tirupati or Outskirts? I am a MCA student studying 5th semester
9th October 2016, 10:43 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for the campus placement even after failing in one subject and have 60% throughout semester?

No you are not eligible for campus interview because only those candidates are allowed to give interview who have no backlogs and not failed in any subject.
So you must clear your subject then apply for the same and face interview.If you wish you can take help of your placement officer.
9th October 2016, 12:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the campus placement even after failing in one subject and have 60% throughout semester?

The eligibility criteria for majority of companies in final year of Bachelor of Technology:

1. Candidate must have at least 60% marks or more in academics throughout from 10th to bachelor's degree.

2. There should be any active pending backlogs in bachelor's degree.

3. Maximum of two years gap between studies is allowed.

So, if you fail in any subject then you will not be eligible to apply for campus recruitment drive of any company.
9th October 2016, 05:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If i fail in 1 subject then still my percentage becomes 60% in semester 1...! Is that allowed...?

i will try to maintain 60% in all the remaining 7 semesters...!

Am i eligible for the campus interview...? Can you please give me the right details on the same?
If you have pending backlog, then you are not eligible for campus placement.

Eligibility criteria for campus placement:-

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for companies is 60%.

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for campus recruitment.
9th October 2016, 07:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria required to attend Campus Placement drives varies from company to company. Some companies ask for minimum 60% aggregate throughout studies without any backlogs and some other companies does not ask for any specific aggregate and also allows candidates who have backlogs to participate in recruitment process.

Even if you have backlog in first semester, it doesn't matter much, you can clear it by completion of your course, you have to see that you don't have any active backlog at the time of campus recruitment drive. If you can satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned by the company then, you are eligible to attend the Campus recruitment drive.
9th October 2016, 08:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the campus placement drive even after failing in one subject and have 60% aggregate throughout semester but, you need to clear the backlog subject at the time of campus placement drive. Not only aggregate, but also concentrate more on subject, so, that it helps you to get good job in any company. Most of the companies allows candidates to participate in recruitment drives who have minimum 60% aggregate throughout studies.
9th October 2016, 11:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for campus recruitment:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized technical institute or university. Minimum of 60% marks in secondary, senior secondary and bachelor's degree is required. Some company has eligibility criteria of 65% marks in Bachelor of technology or engineering.

>>Candidate must not have any existing backlog at time of recruitment.

If you will fail in one subject then you will have one backlog at time or recruitment and you can not take part in campus placement.
10th October 2016, 02:24 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for campus placement if you have failed in a subject but have been able to clear it, provided you should have cleared it. There should not be any pending backlogs to be cleared or else you will not be allowed to sit for the recruitment.

You should however try to maintain 60% in aggregate as it is the minimum eligibility requirement to be able to apply for jobs in various companies and to sit for campus recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?