13th September 2015, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it better to work in any Private Company than preparing for Government exams?

Hi,
I have completed my B.E. with Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. I want to know that getting job in any private company is better for me or not? Should I prepare for Government job exams?

Related Questions:
25th September 2015, 10:14 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it better to work in any Private Company than preparing for Government exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have completed my B.E. with Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. I want to know that getting job in any private company is better for me or not? Should I prepare for Government job exams?
Government jobs will give security and stability throughout your career till your retirement. If you prefer job security you should go for a government job. No doubt you will have to undergo all the selection process but the rewards will be worth your while. So focus on the preparation for the examinations like SSC, RRB, and IBPS etc.

Private companies on the other hand will give priority to your qualification and skills. The recruitment will not be as difficult as the government jobs. The salaries and incentives will be higher compared to government jobs. The only concern will be the job security as the private companies normally follow hire and fire policy.
1st October 2015, 12:41 AM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: Is it better to work in any Private Company than preparing for Government exams?

Govt jobs are definitely a great source of security, while in private jobs you have to struggle every day to keep your job alive and intact. But in a hugely populated country like India it is highly difficult to get through a govt. job where reservations are still in existence.

I would suggest you to try for govt jobs at the first instance. Because whatever be the situation, pay packages are quite good for govt openings. If you cannot manage to get into any govt job after trying twice or thrice then you should definitely think about job in private sector without wasting any more time. Basically both public and private sectors have their own pros and cons. You have to give your best in which ever sector that you seek for. There is also ample scope for promotion and improvement in private sector jobs.So dont get disheartened.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?