17th April 2015, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

How to get prepared on English speaking skills for campus placements?

How to get prepared on English speaking skills for campus placements? I am really poor at it and right now I don't know what should I do as the companies going to come to our college shortly. Can someone please help me to improve my English speaking skills? Please guide me.

17th April 2015, 11:03 AM
aide006

Arrow Re: How to get prepared on English speaking skills for campus placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to get prepared on English speaking skills for campus placements? I am really poor at it and right now I don't know what should I do as the companies going to come to our college shortly. Can someone please help me to improve my English speaking skills? Please guide me.
English speaking can be improved from any level. Just you need to learn, apply & improve. Learning English is a Journey. And if you want to succeed it in a fast track pace. You need to do focused practice for that.

Main components in learning English are:-
  • Grammar
  • Vocabulary
  • Rules
  • Miscellaneous

To improve grammar of English you need to practice the lessons from standard books such as English Grammar for Dummies by Geraldine or Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.

Improving vocabulary is very much important to use right words at right context. How can one improve vocab. It is just by coming across new words every day through reading. Learning meanings for new words on daily basis. Revising those words week after week till they get registered in your brain. Because new things will fade away from brain traces if you keep them untouched for 6 days.

Most important thing to master English speaking is to practice in whichever possible situation. If you have English speaking friends do more and more conversations with them in proper English. If required tell them to correct you. If that is not case no problem, you practice in front of mirror talk with yourself in English observe your fluency observe where you are going wrong. Record your speaking and re listen to correct yourself in actual situation.

Think in English. Generally we think in our mother toungue/native language instead think in English atleast till you get fluent with it. Watch English movies/English news/English channels. Not just watching, you should follow the patterns of pronunciation and their body language. Consistent practice of this methods will initially seem awkward but trust me. One day, after few months of this practice will make you speak in English with English speakers confidently. However, you can derive your own strategy. These are just my suggestions and views on how to improve.
17th April 2015, 11:05 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get prepared on English speaking skills for campus placements?

Not to worry about your speaking skills, as you have enough skills to crack the interview. Mainly the interviewer sees the candidate's attitude rather than the speaking skills. So, be confident at what you have. To get prepared in English speaking at a short time listen to English news or English movies with subtitles, talk to your friends or with family members in English and read magazines etc...., which will really helpful for improving the English. All you need to crack the interview being more confident and maintain a positive attitude.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?