9th December 2014, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Should I work in Cognizant Technology Solutions instead of studying M.Tech if secured 1207 AIR in GATE?

Hello friends....

I just gave GATE for the sake of giving ...but anyhow managed to get score 634 and AIR 1207.

Also I'm not sure abt that whether I an make it to IITs/NITs with this score or not ...

I'm already placed in Cognizant ...so before GATE result I was planning to go to Cognizant. A was not even thinking abt M.Tech as I was not expecting such result.....But after this awesome unexpected score I'm very very confused that where to go...

I know there's one more option for me to get 1 year industry experience and then go to M.Tech ....But should I go for this option???
I personally thinks that second option is good for me ...

Please help me out ...friends ...I'm confused ...

Thanking in advance...

15th December 2014, 05:43 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I work in Cognizant Technology Solutions instead of studying M.Tech if secured 1207 AIR in GATE?

First of all, congratulations for the unexpected good score in GATE. You should have mentioned your stream of engineering since Cognizant even though being IT company recruits from different branches of engineering. SO if you are not from IT background, you should definitely go for M.Tech. This will help you to stick to your domain and also have a widened job scope.
If you are from IT background, you should go by your interest. If you have a goal of higher studies you can go for M.Tech. Otherwise you can go for job in Cognizant.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?