11th November 2015, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Which board should i prefer among ISC and GSEB? Which board is suitable for Gujarat students?

Hello,

I am studying in 10th ICSE and I live in Gujarat. I want to know that in future if i want to do B.Tech, then which board should i prefer among ISC board and GSEB board?

11th November 2015, 04:58 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board should i prefer among ISC and GSEB? Which board is suitable for Gujarat students?

Both the board are well recognised by HRD Ministry of Indian government. Candidates from both the boards are eligible to pursue B.Tech.
Candidate should prefer GSEB over ISC board to pursue B.Tech. Syllabus of GSEB is very well organised for the preparation of entrance exams for B.Tech after 12th class.
Students from ISC board will find it difficult to crack entrance exams for B.Tech after 12th.

11th November 2015, 06:51 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Which board should i prefer among ISC and GSEB? Which board is suitable for Gujarat students?

As you mentioned that you wanna go for B.Tech. In that case I would like to suggest you neither go for GSEB nor ISC. You should choose CBSE board because CBSE conducts AIEEE exams All India Engineering Entrance exam. For your kind information Every B.tech aspirants must need to appear in the AIEEE exams and then admissions will be provided on the basis of merit list generated by AIEEE marks , So its a plus point for CBSE students to score good marks in the same test

11th November 2015, 07:15 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which board should i prefer among ISC and GSEB? Which board is suitable for Gujarat students?

ISC Board is an Educational Board in India that offers students classes from pre-primary to class 10+2. The State Council Educational Research and Training (SCERT) has an affiliation to the government of that particular state.

The ISC syllabus offers education in a more scientific method, the state syllabus gives more importance to practical implication of related subjects. Another main difference is that, the former is considered much better than the latter. Students of the ISC have an advantage over the State as the syllabus of the ISC will be the same all over the nation. In case the students transfer from one state to another, the transition will be marginally easier for them. This would not be similar in case of the State syllabus students. It would be difficult for some to adjust to the syllabus of another Government school.
So, my opinion for you will be to opt for ISC Board which is better than the state Boards.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?