22nd October 2016, 02:04 PM
ramanpitchaimuthu

One degree awarded date means whether last exam passed or getting degree certificate date?

sir,kindly reply me.I am working in govt sector.for my promotion degree was required on 2006.I completed my degree on December 2006 last exam in IGNOU.I got degree certificate on 11.05.2007 dated.But in govt rule book is says one can awarded the degree, from next January he will be eligible for promotion.But my office says,your eligible from 01.01.2008.In this regard,a degree awarded means which date can be considered? If any notifications have kindly sent to me. Thank you sir.

22nd October 2016, 03:05 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: One degree awarded date means whether last exam passed or getting degree certificate date?

Whatever date is mentioned on your degree certificate that will be considered. You must follow the rules prescribed by the Government of India. You can also speak about it with your Director. You must raise this to your higher management.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?