24th January 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to shift to 10th class if failed in 9th?

If a child fails in class 9 can he shift school for class 10?

Is there any possibility?

25th January 2015, 10:37 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to shift to 10th class if failed in 9th?

I am extremely sorry to state that it is not possible to shift to tenth standard if you have failed in your ninth standard unless there is a very strong cause. This is because :-

- Most of the schools do not accept students in the tenth standard.
- Most of the schools do not allow any failed students to get promoted to the next class.
- The registration for board exam (if any) is done in the ninth standard, hence changing school and taking admission in the tenth standard is not possible in this case.
10th April 2015, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

My boy had got failed in 9th bt he dont want to repeat in same class and his age is already 16yrs bco v admitted him to school1yr late so.is there any option for this boy pz reply soon
10th June 2015, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I was failed in 9th & 10th so what should I do if I want to be a student of ntse ?
16th September 2017, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

I want to come in navkar school and I am in Gujarat board but this year I am in another school. So can i get admission in 10th standard in Gujarat board in navkar school?
18th September 2017, 12:56 PM
sapphire1

Sorry, it is not possible to get admission in 10th class if you failed in 9th class. Most of the schools do not allow the students to take admission in direct 10th.

For this, you have to clear your 9th class. But there are some schools which give admission in direct 10th class if you failed in 9th class. It is possible if you will take admission through national open schools otherwise it is not possible.

So, try to clear 9th class after that you will be able to take admission in 10th class.
28th October 2017, 01:24 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

No it is not possible to get direct admission in class 10th of any school .
As per the rules a candidate must be 9th passed to give exam of class 10th.

Your son will get admission in class 9th of another school but not in class 10th . Whatever a student studying in class 9th is the basic for class 10th.
27th February 2018, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

If student fail in the 9th class. Is it possible for him to get admission in 10th class as private. Means not attending the classes but only eligible to give the exams for 10th class.
Also, registration for for 10th is already submitted for that student. Whats needs to be done in this case
29th April 2019, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Can a student give exam of 10th Std as a ex-student after getting results of promoted to Std 10th from the school?
11th March 2020, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

My daughter fail in 9th std in 3 subject.in cbsc board the cbsc registration is done for 1th std .so please suggest me
18th June 2022, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Good Afternoon
One of my close relative son had failed in 4-5 subjects in SSC exam how Should he continue his year for grade 10
29th April 2023, 01:21 PM
Sahilhede

Arrow Re: Is it possible to shift to 10th class if failed in 9th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good Afternoon
One of my close relative son had failed in 4-5 subjects in SSC exam how Should he continue his year for grade 10
No it is not possible 🙆
31st May 2023, 05:25 PM
eduking

Regular schools don't allow such admission if you have failed class 9th. Any school will check the previous result before giving admission because board exams reflect the quality of the school. If any student fails in board exams, then their reputation takes a hit. Hence, regular schools won't allow such things.

You can try for open schooling if you are not interested in studying 9th class again. Get yourself registered for the class 10th NIOS exam this year. Study through coaching classes and pass the exam to get your class 10th qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?