12th June 2020, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Requirements for the 9th West Bengal Board admission for an 8th CBSE student of Muscat?

Hi Sir, my son is studying in 8th standard from CBSE Board in Muscat. I am planning to send him back to India. We belong to West Bengal and from 9th standard I want him to study under West Bengal Board syllabus. Can I know about the requirements for the admission?

22nd March 2023, 03:40 PM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Requirements for the 9th West Bengal Board admission for an 8th CBSE student of Muscat?

Dear parent,

For admission to the 9th standard in West Bengal Board, your son would need to fulfill the following requirements:

1. He should have passed the 8th standard examination from a recognized board, which he has done from CBSE.

2. You would need to obtain a transfer certificate (TC) from his current school in Muscat, which should be duly attested by the Indian Embassy in Muscat.

3. You would need to provide a copy of his birth certificate and a recent passport-sized photograph.

4. You would need to fill in the admission form and submit it along with the necessary documents at the school where you wish to admit your son.

5. The school may conduct an entrance test to assess your son's knowledge and understanding of the subjects, and based on the results of the same, they may grant admission.

It is advisable to contact the schools in West Bengal where you wish to admit your son to know about their specific admission requirements and procedures. I hope this information helps you.
23rd March 2023, 01:08 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

Default Re: Requirements for the 9th West Bengal Board admission for an 8th CBSE student of Muscat?

The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education regulates the exams for Classes 6 to 9 and 11 and conducts the exams for Classes 10 and 12. Since Class 9 exams are non-board exams, the examination and result date will only be announced by the school authorities. However, the application form for Class 9 is available on the official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?