23rd July 2015, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Should I choose Non-Medical in 11th standard to become a Software Engineer if secured 8.6 CGPA in 10th?

Respected Sir/Mam,
I have scored 8.6 CGPA in class 10th during my Academic Session in this year. So, can I opt for Non-medical in 11th standard? I want to become a Software Engineer.

Related Questions:
24th July 2015, 11:11 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Should I choose Non-Medical in 11th standard to become a Software Engineer if secured 8.6 CGPA in 10th?

You have got a good CGPA in class 10. But you have to maintain that when you study class 11. You need to keep this result steady and not fall back. Now, you have got your ambition clear. You want to be a Software Engineer. For this definitely you have to choose a non medical line and to be more specific engineering stream. If you do not sit for JEE Mains examination, your ambition will never be fulfilled. Not only that you have to give the papers of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics so well, in this JEE Mains that you will be able to secure a rank in Engineering. Now based on how high your rank is, you will get options to choose from. If your rank is quite in the top, you can choose the college of your choice and the stream of your choice, which is software engineering. The lower are your scores, the lesser your choices become. It might happen then, that you get a seat in your favorite college, but do not manage to get the stream of your choice. By the time, the turn of your rank comes, it might happen that all seats for software engineering is filled up. Only seats for electronic engineering remains. So study hard.
24th July 2015, 11:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I choose Non-Medical in 11th standard to become a Software Engineer if secured 8.6 CGPA in 10th?

Yes, you need to choose Non-Medical Science stream in your 11th and 12th standard to become a software engineering after completion of your 10th standard with 8.6 CGPA from CBSE Board. After completion of your 12th standard in Non-Medical Science stream, you need to appear in Engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in Engineering course.
26th July 2015, 05:02 PM
pointer01

Firstly,I congratulate you for your good CGPA in class 10th. As you have decided your aim to become a Software engineer. So, it is obvious not to select Medical field. In class 12th you need to select physics, chemistry and maths as the main subjects to get admission in Engineering. After 12th or in class 12th you have to qualify the entrance exam for engineering. There are so many entrance exam conducted for engineering like- IIT JEE, AIEEE, EAMCET, UPSEE etc. You will get the seat in the college according your rank which you will get in the entrance exam through counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?