14th January 2013, 10:37 PM
jovita devaraj

Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.E? I am studying in 12th grade

Dear sir, can i join merchant navy after the completion of my B.E ?? presently i'm studying in 12th grade .... but i'm planning to persue degree in engineering !!! but i've a great passion for this .... plz ... do help !!!

Related Questions:
  1. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Science?
  4. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  5. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  6. How to join merchant navy as an electrical engineer? What is the fee structure for correspondence course?
  7. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  8. Is it possible to join MErchant Navy after completion of Diploma without 12th? -- [New]
  9. Is this possible to pursue Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class and getting Job on the basis of this?
  10. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  11. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  12. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  13. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  14. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  16. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  17. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy as a Deck Officer after completing 12th in BSEB board with 71%
  18. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
15th January 2013, 10:34 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.E? I am studying in 12th grade

Of course you can join Merchant Navy after completing Engineering. However please remember that not all engineering streams students are eligible for job in Merchant Navy. Therefore be careful of which stream you choose.

Merchant Navy is a well paid profession. The sea trade is very important in the world since ancient time. The job of merchant navy is related to transportation of goods. Around 90 percent on total transportation of goods in the world is done through sea. That shows the importance of Merchant Navy.

Now as I mentioned that you have to be careful with what Engineering stream you choose. Perhaps the best option would be Marine Engineering. If you want to make it to Merchant Navy then Marine Engineering is the best option.

Other Engineering courses that can get you good officer level jobs in Merchant Navy are B.Tech in Electrical/Mechanical/Technology.

Eligibility

1. Must have completed 12th standard with PCM subjects.

2. The maximum age limit is 20 years.

3. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

4. Candidates applying should be unmarried.

5. Both male and female candidates can apply.

6. You must meet some physical requirements like 6/6 vision.

Procedure

After completing 12th you can take Marine Engineering. For that you will have to appear for entrance exam known as ISEET. After completing Marine Engineering you are eligible for officer level jobs.

You can also do B.Tech in Electrical/Technology/Mechanical and apply for the job in Merchant Navy. For that you will also have to do mandatory 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering from MERI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?