19th September 2013, 03:30 PM
keshavasharma2004

What is the qualification for CA course? I have completed B.Com with 48% marks

I am 42 year old I have completed B.Com in 2003 with 48% marks , i have 15 years experiance as a sr. accountant. can i appear C.A. course what is the procedure i have very intrest for doing C.A. course plese inform me

thanking you

22nd April 2014, 12:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification for CA course? I have completed B.Com with 48% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavasharma2004 View Post
I am 42 year old I have completed B.Com in 2003 with 48% marks , i have 15 years experiance as a sr. accountant. can i appear C.A. course what is the procedure i have very intrest for doing C.A. course plese inform me

thanking you

Yes you're definitely eligible to apply for CA Course. But, you can't directly apply for Intermediate course, Because you have scored low percentage of marks in your graduation course.

To apply for Intermediate course the applicant should satisfy the below criteria,

For Commerce stream must secure Minimum 55% Percentage of marks
For Non Commerce stream Must secure Minimum 60% Percentage of marks

But, You have score 48% Percentage of marks in your graduation course. So, you're ineligible to apply for Intermediate course after completing your graduation course.

If you're interested to join in CA Course the you have to apply for CPT Entrance Examination which is an Initial stage in CA Course.

CPT Entrance Examination means (Common Proficiency Test) and this Entrance Examination is Conduct Indian Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. This CPT Entrance Examination held during the month of June or December.

This CA course is divided into three levels ,

Foundation/CPT Entrance Examination
Intermediate/IPCC Course
Final Course.

So, According to your qualification you're eligible for Foundation course.
9th May 2014, 08:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification for CA course? I have completed B.Com with 48% marks

Quote:

thanking you
Yes you're definitely eligible to apply for CA Course. But, you can't directly apply for Intermediate course, Because you have scored low percentage of marks in your graduation course.To apply for Intermediate course the applicant should satisfy the below criteria,

But, You have score 48% Percentage of marks in your graduation course. So, you're ineligible to apply for Intermediate course after completing your graduation course. If you're interested to join in CA Course the you have to apply for CPT Entrance Examination which is an Initial stage in CA Course. CPT Entrance Examination means (Common Proficiency Test) and this Entrance Examination is Conduct Indian Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. This CPT Entrance Examination held during the month of June or December.
9th May 2014, 09:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

thanking you
Yes you're definitely eligible to apply for CA Course. But, you can't directly apply for Intermediate course, Because you have scored low percentage of marks in your graduation course.To apply for Intermediate course the applicant should satisfy the below criteria,

But, You have score 48% Percentage of marks in your graduation course. So, you're ineligible to apply for Intermediate course after completing your graduation course. If you're interested to join in CA Course the you have to apply for CPT Entrance Examination which is an Initial stage in CA Course. CPT Entrance Examination means (Common Proficiency Test) and this Entrance Examination is Conduct Indian Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. This CPT Entrance Examination held during the month of June or December.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?