9th January 2014, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get fellowship from IISC?

Hi. I am 39 year old Naga Venkata Krishna. I am M.Sc and M.Phil in chemistry from University of Hyderabad and I was a CSIR fellow in IICT, Hyderabad from the year 1998 to 2003 and I could not complete PhD due to health reasons. Now I once again want to do research in IISc after I pass the PhD entrance in chemistry. Am I eligible to get fellowship from IISc? (as I dont have any NET fellowship right now) and If it is true then how much and for how long period I am eligible to get?. Please kindly answer.

Related Questions:
14th January 2014, 06:30 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get fellowship from IISC?

Yes Of course , you can apply for the IISC fellowship . But before that you must first qualify the IISC entrance test . Or else you need to qualify the GATE exam .
And other way is CSIR - UGC / UGC NET or JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP exams . If you are applying for the science departments you may go for that .
Usually B.E / B.Tech in Engineering is eligible to apply for the exam .To get into this you must have a valid GATE score for any of the research programs except for Management studies .

One thing you must remember is , to eligible for the departments you must score good marks in IISC entrance test in the respective papers. Only one application form is sufficient to apply for the 3 departments in Research program .
You may also apply for the Integrated Ph.D Programme.One more thing is that , 4 years BS Programme is offered by IISC .

Non - Gate admissions is not available for the programmes in IISC . Integrated Ph.D Programme is of 2 years duration is 5 to 7 years .Some Entrance test papers are given below ---
Materials Science
Ecological Sciences
Chemistry
Biological Sciences…

All the above papers are of Objective Type .Be careful while filling the application form . For that before that you make sure you have all the below details are with you .
Name of the Candidates
Password
Date Of Birth
Email Address
Category
Security Question
Security Answer

So when you submit the registration form , you will receive an email asking for you to verify your email address by clicking on link .
15th June 2021, 08:23 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: Am I eligible to get fellowship from IISC?

Yes your eligible to get fellowship from IISC (Indian institute of sciences)
IISC requires certain percentage in entrance test like NEET,UGC NET JRF,CSIR JRF,JEE etc. and clear entrance interview.
For students from low income families, those who are financing their own studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?