3rd November 2009, 08:12 PM
souvik236

To pursue M-Tech in automobile

sir,
I wish to pursue m-tech in automobile engineering but have electronics and instrumentation branch in my b-tech , now my question is is it possible to pursue m-tech in automobile engineering and if so in which college.

Thank you in anticipation,
Souvik kr. Mukherjee
(ph no 09475002642)

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue CS after completing B.Tech in Automobile Engineering from Chennai? -- [New]
  2. What is better between doing B.Tech Mechanical then M.Tech Automobile or B.Tech Automobile then M.Tech Automobile
  3. How to pursue M.Tech in automobile engineering after completing B.Tech in electrical engineering
  4. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue Automobile Engineering? What is the fee structure of the course and Hostel for the same?
  6. Can I opt for diploma course if I wanted to take auto mobile engineering?
  7. B.Tech in Mechanical or Automobile?? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which are the reputed institutes offering M.Tech Automobile Engineering? Do IITs offer M.Tech Automobile? Which paper do I have to give in GATE?
  9. Eligibility criteria to pursue M.Tech in Robomechanics, Automobile Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering
  10. Is it possible to study B.Tech in Automobile Engineering after completion of Diploma Civil?
  11. Am I eligible to do M.Tech in Automobile engineering after completion of B.Tech in information technology?
  12. Am I eligible to pursue Diploma in Automobile Engineering at the age of twenty seven years?
  13. How can I do M.Tech(Automobile engineering) in Tamilnadu? I've completed B.Tech(Information Technology)
  14. From which branch should I pursue B.E after 3 years of completing Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  15. Which is more preferable, either B.Tech(Mechanical engineering) and M.Tech(automobile engineering) or B.Tech(automobile engineering) and M.Tech(Automobile engineering)? What's the difference between them?
  16. Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?
  17. Which entrance exam to give to pursue masters in Automobile Engineering? What is the syllabus for Automobile in GATE?
  18. Which is the best country to pursue masters in automobile engineering?
25th November 2009, 07:05 PM
explore_urself

Default Re: To pursue M-Tech in automobile

If you want to take admission in M.tech (Automobile engg), you must have a Bachelor degree (B.Tech) in Automobile/ Mechanical/ Production/ Manufacturing Engineering. Students having B.Tech in any other stream are not allowed to get admission in Automobile Engg.
25th November 2009, 10:55 PM
hemraj87

Thumbs up Re: To pursue M-Tech in automobile

hi,

no you don't take admission in M.Tech(automobile engineering).for admission in this:
requirement :bachelor degree in mechanical/production/automobile engineering.

best of luck...@@
26th November 2009, 12:58 AM
anuja
Senior Member+

you have to have a degree in mech,production or in automobile,as you belongs to electronics background so you cannot per sue MTECH in automobile
8th December 2009, 10:33 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

automobile is a good choice but you donut have the qualifications to take mtech in automobile engineering.sorry
9th December 2009, 01:59 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

good choice,
join some reputed college
there is lots of job available for mechanical engineers
9th December 2009, 03:00 PM
deed

For m tech in automobiles you should have b tech. In this stream or you should have b tech in mechanics then only you can do m tech in automobiles . But do not worry you can mtech in electronics also.
Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th December 2009, 06:16 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

if u want to do m.tech in automobile then youshould have done b.tech in mech or production branch.......still there are many good scope in electronics branch also......
better u should apply for m.tech in electronics branch......

best of luck
9th December 2009, 08:36 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Since you have electronics and instrumentation in b.tech its not possible for you to take m.tech in automobile because it requires production or manufacturing or automobile in b.tech course so its better that you go with the electronics related fields and that too has got a good career.
9th December 2009, 09:27 PM
sarvenkatg

Dear friend,
you had chosen a good choice but late,...
sorry you cant pusue M.tech automobile,...
take interest on electronis field,... and do well,...
It is not the matter in which field you are, But, in which position you are,... that is the matter,... Undertand,....

All the Best & Be the Best
22nd December 2009, 12:44 PM
kaviskar

hey guys i m BE Mechanical engineer want to pursue M Tech in Automobile engineering suggest me some top colleges in India and tell me about there admission procedure if possible
24th December 2009, 03:26 PM
balvir

m.tech in automobile then you should have done b.tech in mech or production branch.................
all the best
15th January 2010, 07:11 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hello friend
sorry but you can't take admission in M. Tech automobile engineering as for doing PG in any discipline you need to have graduation degree in that same subject.
17th January 2010, 12:15 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

yes you can join m.tech in automobile because are you complete b.tech in mechanical branch only then you can join it
good luck
7th February 2010, 05:26 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

Yes... It is possible... U write GATE exam and get good scores... u can get seat in top colleges itself....
15th February 2010, 10:44 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

not its is not possible for you to do m.tech in automobile,since you have electronics and instrumentation in your b.tech,so you are not eligible.
18th February 2010, 08:26 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sorry friend ,,,,
for Mtech in automobile you must have
btech (production,mechanical degree)
so go choose some other subject...
like instrumentation...
21st February 2010, 02:42 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

sorry friend,
you can not do m.tech in automobile engineering.
one can do m.tech only if he has a b-tech degree in either in mechanical engineering or in production or automobile engineering,
but your are not satisfying any of this condition,
so you can not do.....
ok.
27th April 2010, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to do mtech in automobile in north region my gate score is 068 sir plz suggest me a good college email id is [email protected] and contect no. 09358444937 9359354243
13th May 2010, 11:54 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

after b.tech, you can go for m.tech in automobile. only b.tech students will do
m.tech in automobile. but according to your qualification, you can not go for
m.tech in automobile. If you will done your b.tech in the field of mechanical,
then there is chance otherwise you can not do m.tech in automobile.

ok
all the best.
15th May 2010, 08:59 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend as you did your B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation. so you can't fill up any form of M.Tech which offer you for automobile engg. deptt..
so kindly i suggest you to persue M.Tech in your stream or again do B.Tech in either ME or automobile.
good luck.
25th May 2010, 11:50 PM
drdo99
Banned

hi.
Automobile engineers take the following job profiles:
a. analysts
b. Industrial system controller.
c. System supervisor
Find good colleges at aicte homesite.wbut college at liluah ,howrah is a fine college.besides, srm ,chennai ,vit-chennai are good colleges.
you can apply at iit too
14th July 2010, 12:20 AM
Senior Member+++

you must refer the below mentioned web address that will really motivate and help you in knowing a job profile as a automobil engg
http://www.jobsearch.co.in/automobile-job.html
30th July 2010, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

i have done m.sc IT then can i do m.tech in automoobiles
30th July 2010, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Default M-Tech in automobile with IT background

sir i have done m.sc.IT then can i do m.tech in automobiles engineering
31st July 2010, 09:02 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hi friend you can do for sure ......jus you need to select for a good college like iit to make your career good... so you search for the mtech reputed colleges ... and tell me where you want college i mean in which state..........

regards
azhar
31st August 2010, 11:00 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
you can not take admission in M.tech (Automobile engg), as because the B.Tech in Automobile engg is required for that...

So sorry to say that you ca not take admisssio in M.tech better to o in M.Tech according to your stream in B.tech...

Best Wishes...
19th December 2010, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik236 View Post
sir,
I wish to pursue m-tech in automobile engineering but have electronics and instrumentation branch in my b-tech , now my question is is it possible to pursue m-tech in automobile engineering and if so in which college.

Souvik kr. Mukherjee
(ph no 09475002642)

sorry for the late reply.
hope this reaches you souvik236;263.

first of all why do you want to switch fields?

if the answer for the above question is passion then you should chase your dream for sure.
but at your shoes it demands you to take risks.

yes, with an electronics background you can pursue mtech in automobiles.

you cannot pursue your masters in automobiles in India. foreign countries like US, UK etc. allow students to switch fields.

do research and find colleges and call the international office there and talk to them.

i think there will be a 1 year long induction kind of thing where you will study all the automotive basics needed to pursue your masters.

then with at the end of 1 year you will be allowed to pursue masters depending on your grades.[ this is the risk i mentioned earlier. you cannot pursue your masters if you don't excel in your first year.] your masters will be 3 years.

dont worry ..you can do masters in automobiles...

i know a girl who did her masters in aeronautical engg [not avionics, pure aero stuff] with BE in ECE.
remember ,

if there is will, there will always be a way..

cheers,
chao.
17th February 2012, 08:50 PM
Saikiran M

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik236 View Post
sir,

Souvik kr. Mukherjee
(ph no 09475002642)
Dear Friend,

I can see that there's a lot of negative answers received to your question..

don't get disappointed.. you have a chance to pursue your dream education. here's i tell you how..

Step1:- Join any Automobile company with good prospectus.. like TATA MOTORS, FORD INDIA PVT LTD, NISSAN INDIA for the responsibility(post) of ERC-Assitant Manager, or Instrumentation and product development areas.

This is not as difficult as it seems, you just need a
i) a good percentage
ii) Self Confidence
and iii) Strong Attitude and will power "to achieve what you want"

Step2:- Work hard for about 4 years or above.. with minimal determination and dedication to your job. (though part, but may be enjoying this. as you will be working in a place where you dreamt to be, though its not the position which you thought to be in..)

Step 3:- After attaining some good experience in your job, contact your HR in the respective company and discuss with him about your career expansion plans. Many companies both private and govt help their employees to pursue their dreams by helping them get admission for their desired programmes or courses(automotive in your case).
The company will consider your proposal of career expansion, if you make it to convince them, they will not only help in your admission for the desired course but also help you financially. I'd suggest you to sign a deal to work with the same company after you complete you course for about 4 years or so. this will attract the company also to invest in you.

Step 4:- Now you have gained a sound experience of 8+ years in this automobile industry and 4 yrs of relevant experience in automobile area. you are eligible to join world's top automobile industries like AUDI, LAMBORGINI, etc., and demand your Cost to Company(CTC).

Thats it!! you are the winner.

This is a little long process but if you are really passionate about be an automobile engineer, i'm sure this is not a big deal for you.

If you need any assistance or counselling further, kindly reply to this and inform me the same though my visitor's message box.

Good Luck
Have a bright career ahead.
13th July 2012, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

hi friends i have competed btech in applied electronics and instrumentation i am intrested to work in automobile industry can i get a suitable job in that field with my current qualification
16th January 2013, 11:03 PM
Saikiran M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi friends i have competed btech in applied electronics and instrumentation i am intrested to work in automobile industry can i get a suitable job in that field with my current qualification
yes, certainly. you can find yourself a job in automobile industry.
Apply for job on official website's career page of various companies. Make an outstanding resume before sending to your employers. spend some valuable time here.

Parallely, join some relevant courses or real time projects to give a quick start.

Also, post your resume on leading job portals. this will multiply your chances of getting your dream job.

concentrate on the work and growth rather salary or company brand in your early years of career. God will surely help you in your journey of success.

Good Luck!
16th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Beesh
Member+

Dear friend,

Sorry to say, you are not eligible to do M.Tech in Automobile with E&I as your UG qualification.

You can do your PG in any of the streams related to your UG degree.

Best wishes :-)
17th January 2013, 11:42 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

for pursuing M.Tech in automobile, you should apply for all the colleges who provide a masters degree in automobile. you need to prepare for GATE, and a good score card will help you to get into a good college.
your eligibility is that you should be a graduate in the following streams of engineering-
mechanical.automobile,production, and manufacturing engineering.
for appearing in gate, you should be having a minimum of 50% marks in your graduation.
gud luck
17th January 2013, 03:50 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

HELLO FRIEND ,

TO PURSUE M.TECH IN AUTOMOBILE :--

Automobile engineering is also called vehicle engineering, one of the most challenging fields in engineering but at the same time it has more growth opportunity worldwide.

Automobile engineering has another name which is termed as automotive engineering which deals with designing, manufacturing, developing, testing and maintenance of the automobiles.

Qualification required :

* For M.E/M.Tech - Bachelor’s degree in B.E/B.Tech

*MINIMUM 55% OF MARKS IN B.TECH .

Selection of candidates for M.E/M.Tech courses is through ;

ENTRANCE EXAM :--
  • - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
  • - Bharath University M.Tech entrance exam
  • - JNTU M.Tech Entrance Exam
  • - Noorul Islam University M.Tech Entrance Exam
  • - Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam

LIST OF TOP INSTITUTES OFFERING M.TECH IN AUTOMOBILES :--

*Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai

* Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal

*Bharath Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai,

* Sastra University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu

* Annamalai University Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu

* Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Banglore

BEST WISHES ....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?