11th September 2014, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in NET exam after doing Master degree in MAss Communication & Journalism through distance education from Guwahati University?

Hiiii,
I want to pursue my master degree in Mass communication & Journalism through correspondence from Guwahati university, Assam. Later, i would like to appear Net examination by doing master in distance. But i have no idea whether G.U is UGC approved or not. So is it possible for me to reach my goal? Please help me to guide my career.

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  2. Is there a distance course of master degree in mass communication in Rabindrabhartati University?
  3. Can I do M.Ed correspondence from MDU Rohtak?
  4. Cutoff of BDS colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai? List of medical government colleges and government aided colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai?
  5. How to do master in journalism and mass communication?
  6. How to become a Journalist after completing engineering?
  7. How to study B.A mass communication and journalism through distance education?
  8. Duration of MAster Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  9. Past year papers of Master in Mass Communication and Journalism entrance exam of Gujarat University?
  10. University of Kashmir-Faculty of Social Science- Mass Communication and Journalism Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to do Ph.D after doing M.Phil in Journalism and Mass Communication
  13. Past 2 years question papers for master of mass communication and journalism of Gujarat University?
  14. Names of the universities offering M.Phil in mass communication and journalism by distance mode?
  15. How to do Ph.D in Mass Communication and Journalism in DDE?
  16. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Best colleges in Delhi for BJMC?
  18. How to do MSc in Journalism from government university? I am pursuing Bachelor of Mass Communication from Kurukshetra University
14th September 2014, 11:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in NET exam after doing Master degree in MAss Communication & Journalism through distance education from Guwahati University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hiiii,
I want to pursue my master degree in Mass communication & Journalism through correspondence from Guwahati university, Assam. Later, i would like to appear Net examination by doing master in distance. But i have no idea whether G.U is UGC approved or not. So is it possible for me to reach my goal? Please help me to guide my career.
You have completed masters degree in Mass communication from Guwahati University so you are eligible for UGC NET exam because this university is approved by UGC.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The minimum educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55%. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.

There is a age criteria for Junior Research Fellowship. Your age should be below 28 years. Age relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who belong to SC / ST / PWD / OBC. For the post of Lectureship, there is no upper age limit.

Pattern for UGC NET Exam-

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs. 450/-; for Other Backward Classes fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 110/-.

For more details about UGC NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
14th September 2014, 10:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in NET exam after doing Master degree in MAss Communication & Journalism through distance education from Guwahati University?

Yes you can appear for UGC NET, if you have done your Master' degree from a recognized distance education University. Also make sure that you have atleast 55% marks in your master's degree.

There is 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST, OBC and Physically handicapped candidates. Guwahati University is a recognized distance education university and you shouldn't worry about eligibility criteria.

There is no age limit for UGC NET Lecturership exam. If you are looking for JRF, then age should be 28 years or below. Age relaxation is available for SC/ST, OBC and physically handicapped candidates.

The exam will test your aptitude for research and teaching in your field of study. There is a very high level of competition for lecturer posts and you need to be very well prepared for the exam.
14th September 2014, 10:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can appear for UGC NET, if you have done your Master' degree from a recognized distance education University. Also make sure that you have atleast 55% marks in your master's degree.

There is 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST, OBC and Physically handicapped candidates. Guwahati University is a recognized distance education university and you shouldn't worry about eligibility criteria.

There is no age limit for UGC NET Lecturership exam. If you are looking for JRF, then age should be 28 years or below. Age relaxation is available for SC/ST, OBC and physically handicapped candidates.

The exam will test your aptitude for research and teaching in your field of study. There is a very high level of competition for lecturer posts and you need to be very well prepared for the exam.
14th September 2014, 10:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Donot worry, Guwahati Univeristy is UGC approved. So after completing your master's degree, you will be eligible for NET. NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This entrance exam is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year for:

>>Junior Research Fellowship: Upper age limit is 28 years.

>>Lectureship: No upper age limit.

You need to be master's degree holder with at least 55% marks in your stream.

For any more details about NET exam, Click here.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?