4th January 2016, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to get admission in Engineering colleges through NIOS Board? Is it equivalent to CBSE?

Sir,
Is CBSE and NIOS have same value? Will NIOS affect me in taking admission in Engineering colleges? Kindly reply me regarding this.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it difficult to take admission in Engineering college for NIOS student?
  2. Can I get admission in B.Arch through entrance exam if pursuing 12th NIOS? Is CBSE Board equivalent to NIOS Board?
  3. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  4. Does CBSE and NIOS has the same value? Will there be problem in taking admission in engineering colleges?
  5. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  6. Value of NIOS education board certificate for IIT JEE examination?
  7. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  8. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  9. Does CBSE and NIOS has the same value? Will NIOS affect me in taking admission in engineering college? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Does it hold same value if we study in CBSE and NIOS?
  11. Difference between CBSE and NIOS syllabus and difficulty level?
  12. Is it better to do 12th from NIOS Board after discontinuing 11th CBSE?
  13. Shall I take admission in CBSE after 10th from NIOS or continue with NIOS board? Will I get admission in good college if studied NIOS?
  14. Possibility to get admission in NIOS Board if pursuing 12th CBSE?
  15. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks?
  16. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  17. Can I get admission in engineering college after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  18. How can a 38 years old candidate resume his study in Kerala after 9th standard? I'm good in english, hindi, arabic, malayalam
11th January 2016, 07:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to get admission in Engineering colleges through NIOS Board? Is it equivalent to CBSE?

Admission in most of the engineering colleges is through entrance exam and it will depend on your performance in the exam which will decide whether you will get admission or not.

NIOS is definitely a valid qualification and there is no problem with it if you can perform well in the entrance exam. Just make sure that you have studied the right stream.
12th January 2016, 01:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to get admission in Engineering colleges through NIOS Board? Is it equivalent to CBSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Is CBSE and NIOS have same value? Will NIOS affect me in taking admission in Engineering colleges? Kindly reply me regarding this.
Yes, NIOS and CBSE have same value.

If you have completed 12th standard with PCM with above 50% marks then you are legible to get admission in engineering college.

Your age should be above 17 years.
13th January 2016, 01:52 AM
ranu shahi

Board does not matter in engineering. You are eligible only after qualifying entrance exams.

You are admitted only according to your better performance in examination.

NIOS is a recognized board and you should not have to face any difficulty related to board.

Candidate must have at least 50% of marks in their intermediate.

Candidate age must be under 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?