24th February 2016, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

Can i appear for JEE entrance after failiing in NIOS board?

Sir, I gave my 12th board exam from NIOS board. But i have failed in one subject i.e. Physics. I want to know if i can still appear for the JEE entrance test with this one failed subject in NIOS board?

Related Questions:
  1. Value of NIOS education board certificate for IIT JEE examination?
  2. Is NIOS Board valid for JEE exams and IITs?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main being an NIOS candidate? Whether the subjects enlisted for JEE Main is as per NIOS Board?
  4. Syllabus of NIOS is same as that of ISC? Is NIOS valid for JEE Mains?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Advanced if reappearing in 12th from NIOS board?
  6. Eligibility to appear in JEE Mains & Advanced for 12th NIOS student? Can I sit in counselling with NIOS Certificate? Whether NIOS is AICTE approved?
  7. Can I get admission in IIT through JEE Main and Advanced if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  8. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 after clearing 12th from NIOS board?
  9. Can I give improvement exam through NIOS board to improve percentage and appear in JEE next year?
  10. Eligibility for IIT JEE being a 12th student from NIOS board?
  11. Can I apply for JEE Main if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board? Documents required to submit?
  12. Syllabus of NIOS is same as ISC board? Is it necessary to give practical exam?
  13. Weightage of NIOS marks in JEE Main?
  14. Can I get admission in B.Arch through entrance exam if pursuing 12th NIOS? Is CBSE Board equivalent to NIOS Board?
  15. Can I apply for 12th NIOS Board exam in this Summer if already appeared from UP Board?
  16. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  17. Can I apply for NEET if completed 12th from NIOS Board? What is Odisha JEE specially for?
  18. Is NIOS a recognized board? is it applicable in entrance exams? -- [Most Discussed]
24th February 2016, 10:55 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i appear for JEE entrance after failiing in NIOS board?

No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE examination. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and conducted in two stages.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

The application form for examination is closed. So, now you are not eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.

So, you can appear for examination.
24th February 2016, 03:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't appear for JEE entrance exam after failing in NIOS board.

Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Candidate who have failed in any compulsory subjects are not allowed to appear in JEE entrance exams.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
24th February 2016, 06:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't appear for JEE if you are declared failed in Physics which is the most important subject. You have to pass with PCM then only you will become eligible for JEE Main.

You can only apply when there is a compartment exam for Physics subject which will help you to clear 12th in the current academic session. If there is no compartment exam scheduled for the given subject then you are not eligible.
24th February 2016, 07:31 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you can not apply for Joint Entrance Examination as you have failed in one subject.

For Joint Entrance Examination, a candidate must have passed in all subjects of 10+2 and obtain at least 50% marks in 10+2.

So, you need to reappear for board exams and achieve required criteria for JEE exam.
24th February 2016, 07:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I gave my 12th board exam from NIOS board. But i have failed in one subject i.e. Physics. I want to know if i can still appear for the JEE entrance test with this one failed subject in NIOS board?
No, you are not eligible for JEE entrance exam because you have failed in Physics subject.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE entrance exam. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
24th February 2016, 10:03 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

NIOS board is a government recognized board and you are eligible for the JEE exam if you have completed your 12th standard from NIOS board. For your kind information i want to tell you that 12th marks are also considered while evaluating JEE rank. So it is necessary for every applicant to qualify all the subjects in the 12th standard for appearing in the JEE exam. As you are failed in Physics, so you are not eligible for the JEE exam. If you appeared in the exam then your score will not be generated by the system as you are failed to score minimum passing marks in Physics.
24th February 2016, 10:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No this is not possible as there is no any provision like this. To write JEE entrance candidate must have to pass their intermediate without passing any candidate is not eligible to appear in JEE or any type of exam.
25th February 2016, 12:31 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.
It is India's best open schooling board up to Higher Secondary education.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
It is conducted by CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) every year in month of April for admission in IIT(Indian Institute of Technology), NIT(National Institute of Technology) and other engineering colleges.

To appear in JEE Mains 2016, either the student appearing in 12th board examination with Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics and English as subject from any recognized board or have passed 12th examination with same in 2014 or 2015.
Any student who is not able to secure pass marks in 12th board examination from any board are not eligible to appear in JEE examination.

So, you will not be eligible to appear in JEE examination.
To appear in JEE, you need to score more than pass marks in all five subject in 12th board examination and to secure pass marks, you need to study with determination and also need to labor hard and study only the syllabus prescribed by the board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?