11th December 2016, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Pattern of IAS exam and strategy of preparation for MBBS 2nd year's student? Should I join any coaching institute for it?

Hello sir, I am studying in 2nd year of MBBS course and want to prepare for IAS exam. Please provide me whole pattern and strategy of preparation of IAS exam? Should I join any coaching institute for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Is B.Com 2nd year the right time to join coaching for IAS entrance exam if I didnt have Maths in my 9th to 12th class?
  2. How to join coaching centre for preparation for IAS after completing B.Pharmacy?
  3. Should I start preparing now for IAS after graduation? Do I need to join coaching?
  4. What strategy should I adapt to prepare for IAS Exam for the year 2013? Which is the best Coaching Center for IAS Exam in Lucknow?
  5. When should I join coaching center for preparation for IAS while in 2nd year Biomedical Engineering?
  6. Best coaching institute for preparation of IAS exam in MP
  7. How can I do preparation for IAS exam after completing B.Sc? Do I have to join any Coaching Institutes for preparation?
  8. Is it right to join coaching classes for entrance exam preparation?
  9. Should a 10th student join coaching institutes after 10th for the preparation of IAS exam? Which subjects should I choose for it? -- [New]
  10. Which coaching institute of Lucknow should a 12th student choose for the preparation of IAS exam? Eligibility criteria and written exam pattern of it?
  11. Best coaching institutes in Delhi and Allahabad for IAS preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  13. What are the basic questions to be prepared for air hostess interview?
  14. What is the new pattern for CSAT exam? I am doing MSc in Mathematics? What kind of preparation is required?
  15. Am I eligible to start a coaching class after completion of BA in English?
  16. Which coaching institute is the best in India? I am a BSc 2nd year student and want to qualify IAS exam
  17. When should I go for IAS coaching? I am a BSc 2nd year student
  18. Is coaching necessary for IAS preparation?

15th December 2016, 02:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Pattern of IAS exam and strategy of preparation for MBBS 2nd year's student? Should I join any coaching institute for it?

Pattern of Indian Administrative Services examination:

First stage is Preliminary Examination:

*It consists of two papers. First paper is of General studies which consists of 100 questions of 200 marks and second paper is of aptitude which is of qualifying nature. To pass this stage, you must score minimum of 135 marks in General studies and 33% in CSAT.

Second stage is Mains exam: Mains consists of two language paper, Essay paper, four general studies paper and two optional papers. Last stage is interview.

*Preparation strategy:

First of all you should complete NCERT books of social science then standard books of History, Political science, Geography etc. Then join test series to know your preparation.

You can select your bachelor's degree subject as optional paper. Read The Hindu newspaper daily. Coaching is not necessary if you can do self preparation.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?