14th January 2017, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue bachelor of architecture at the age of 27 years?

Dear Sir/Madam, I am doing my diploma in architecture in KSOU. I am in working profession and I am planing to do Bachelor of architecture. My age is 27 as of now and how can I do that and what is way to do that. Kindly, tell me something and let me know eligibility. Thank you

14th January 2017, 06:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue bachelor of architecture at the age of 27 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam, I am doing my diploma in architecture in KSOU. I am in working profession and I am planing to do Bachelor of architecture. My age is 27 as of now and how can I do that and what is way to do that. Kindly, tell me something and let me know eligibility. Thank you

There is no upper age limit for studying the Bachelor of Architecture course in many colleges (given below). Candidates after 10+2 with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects with minimum aggregate score of 50% marks for all subjects or candidates or candidate must have passed diploma 10+3 pattern of any stream with 50% aggregate marks from Technical Examination Board of any state are eligible for applying the B.Arch course. All the applicants should clear the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA) and should score not less than 80 out of 200 mark. The duration of the course is five years. The course is available in the following institutions:

Goa College of Architecture - Official Website

CEPT University - Official Website

Manipal University - Official Website

Nirma University - Official Website
14th January 2017, 09:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required to pursue bachelor degree in architecture is 17 and maximum should not exceed 25 years where as relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates of reserved categories hence as you are of 27 years and if belong to the reserved category then you are eligible to pursue this course otherwise not.
14th January 2017, 11:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible because the age limit is 25 years in architecture.

You can however go for some other options as diploma etc.

If you want to know about architecture then you can take up any small Institutions, so that you can have the knowledge of it.
14th January 2017, 11:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Architecture is an undergraduate course of five years duration.

Yes, you can pursue bachelor of architecture at the age of 27 years as the minimum required age to get enrolled for this course is 17 years and there is no upper limit.

The minimum eligibility for Bachelor of Architecture course is class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from recognized board or university. One must have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject at 12th level.
15th January 2017, 11:28 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Architecture course and you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in course.

The eligibility to get apply for course is that candidate must have passed 10th and also have passed 12th or equivalent examination to get admission.

There is no maximum age limit to get admission in course. For detail visit at www.nata.in.

There are two paper Drawing and Aesthetic test and have to qualify in it for final selection.
15th January 2017, 11:28 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for National Aptitude Test in Architecture at age of 27 years. There is no upper age limit for this course. The eligibility criteria for NATA examination is that candidate must have done 10+2 with mathematics or its equivalent from a recognized board.

The 2017 examination will be conducted on 16th April, 2017. Last date to apply for NATA examination is 2nd February, 2017.
15th January 2017, 11:59 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Diploma in Architecture degree course and interested in pursuing Bachelor of Architecture then the best option for you that you should appear and qualify NATA.

NATA refers to National Aptitude Test in Architecture and it is a national level test held for offering admission B.Arch in top colleges of India.

To be eligible for NATA, you are to have a higher secondary education with Mathematics as main subject or a degree equivalent to same with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Also there is no upper age limit for appearing in the same

So being 27 years old and having completed diploma in architecture from KSOU are eligible if you have managed at least 50% marks in the same.

For more details and updates NATA you can log on to the link www.nata.in.
15th January 2017, 01:21 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Admission in Bachelor of Architecture is done through National Aptitude Test in Architecture.

NATA 2017 application criteria:

Academic qualification: 12 or its equivalent from a recognized institute.

Minimum age limit to appear for NATA exam: 17 years.

There is no upper age limit for NATA exam.

You can pursue Bachelor of Architecture at age of 27 years.
8th June 2020, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I was enrolled for Bachelors of architecture in the academic year 2012- 2017. Now its 2020, and I want to enroll myself for bachelors of architecture from the start i.e. 1st semester. Back then I got in through nata 2012 with 98 marks. I have always loved architecture and do want to getting a degree is the first step. I have researched alot for a while turns out i am not eligible for iit mains or advanced due to age threshold, so i am withdrewing from my current college i was enrolled in. Can i write nata again and get admission in b. Arch in india? P.S i am 26 now!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?