13th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Para Commando force

I am Shaik Mohammed Raffick, s/o Shaik Abdul Hakeem. I have passed 2nd year B-Grade AET [course]. I want to join Para commando force. My grandfather also World War 2 warrior.

14th July 2017, 11:34 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to join Para Commando force

Para commandos comes under a separate wing of Indian Army.
It is the elite force of Indian Army just like the Guard of Indian Air Force and Marcos of Indian Navy.
So a candidate have to join Indian Army as a soldier or as a officer first and after various training he can become a para commando.
So, you need to appear in NDA (National Defence Examination) which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.
Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:
>A candidate should have completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
>Candidate's age should be within 18 years to 23 years.There is age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years for OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.
>Eye sight of the candidate should be 6/6.
>Height of the candidate should be 157 cm and above.
After qualifying in written examination, there will be a physical test followed by an interview.
15th July 2017, 12:03 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Para Commando force

For becoming a para commando, you need to first try to join Indian Army or any other force job. Selection for para commando training is based on merit and recommendations.

Hence, make sure you get into a armed force job first. Selection will be on the basis of written exam and physical fitness test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?