28th January 2018, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Merchant Navy for female candidates from Arts background?

I'm a female candidate and from Arts background wants to join Indian Merchant Navy. Am I eligible? What is the educational as well as physical requirements to join the Merchant Navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  2. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  3. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  4. What are the minimum criteria required to be eligible to apply for Merchant Navy?
  5. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  6. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
  7. Can I join Merchant Navy if failed in Maths but qualified in 12th standard? -- [New]
  8. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  9. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  10. What is the eligibility to join Merchant Navy?
  11. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  13. Which course shoudl i do to jin Merchant Navy after completing graduation from commerce background?
  14. How to enter into Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join merchant navy in India after 12th science?
  16. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  17. Can I join Merchant Navy after 12th Arts and earn decent money?
  18. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th from science?
31st January 2018, 02:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Merchant Navy for female candidates from Arts background?

No, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy. The requisite criteria to appear for merchant navy examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with science stream ( PCM ).

So, candidates with arts discipline are not eligible for merchant navy.
31st January 2018, 05:34 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Merchant Navy for female candidates from Arts background?

Sorry to say this but you are not eligible for Merchant Navy from being Arts background.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy being a female candidate are:-

Under-graduate course:-
Candidate should have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.

Post-graduate course:-
Candidate should have completed graduation from Nautical science or Marine Engineering.

Candidates must be physically and mentally fit.
31st January 2018, 08:33 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No,you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy as you have educational background in Arts stream.

Eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy for female candidates is written below.
>>Candidates should complete 10+2 exam in science stream.
>>Candidates should secure minimum 60% marks in 10+2 exam.
>>Candidates should be unmarried.
>>Candidates should have 6/6 vision in both eyes.
>>Candidates height must be 167 cms or above.
>>Candidates weight should be minimum 50KG.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?