6th February 2011, 04:31 PM
Aradhana Sahu

Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

i had done my B.tech( Biotechnology) in 2008 so i want to know i am eligible for GATE 2011 and after scoring GATE can i take the admission in IITS

Aradhana

6th February 2011, 05:59 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

Dear Friend

There is no such limitation to apply for next GATE examination.
It is a very common trend that people do higher studies after some year work
experience.
This is why, there is no such age limit or restriction for those who have drop their
studies after B.Tech. for some reason.
If you apply in IITs on the basis of GATE score you will be called for a personal interview.
There you could be asked about the drop out years.
If you have worked in some company or whatever you were doing you should have
a proper reason that why did you feel to do higher studies.
The interview for M.Tech. in IITs use to very directive so, there is no need to worry
about that part.

Apply for GATE next year.
You should start preparing for the exam from now so that you can score well in the exam.

The application process starts in the month of September.
For more details visit: http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011

Thank You
6th February 2011, 06:00 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

YES you are eligible
  • for Gate as there is no age limit
  • and no number of attempts defined in GATE exam..
  • and also there is no minimum percentage criteria ,

the only thing needed is talent and hard work to crack the GATE..

all the best ..
6th February 2011, 06:48 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

Hello,

Yes, you are eligible for appearing the GATE exam or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, for entry into IIT's or the IISC for their Post Graduation program in engineering.

The basic eligibility criteria is that you must have a bachelor's degree in engineering or an equivalent from a recognized institution.(NO PENDING BACKLOGS).

However GATE 2011 is going to be conducted on 13th February 2011 and the last dates of registration have well passed by.

Hence, i suggest that you apply for GATE the next year ie GATE 2012.

The dates and details of GATE 2012 will be notified in the forum soon.

Good Luck!
6th February 2011, 07:47 PM
diego
Banned

yes you can appear for GATE even after work experience.
You can Take admission in IIT's M.Tech
in two Ways.
1.GATE:: you can appear for gate and get a good percentile .... 95 plus.. then you will get a chance ... better the percentile more your chances of finally getting in.
2.INDUSTRY SPONSORSHIP:: You can get a sponsorship letter from your employer sponsoring your education(you will have to sign a bond to work for few years with your company)
There are reserved seats for such candidates in IIT's. It will be beneficial as you will get full funding from your company.
visit: http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011

This years process is already over. you can apply next year.
wishes
6th February 2011, 07:58 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradhana Sahu View Post
i had done my B.tech( Biotechnology) in 2008 so i want to know i am eligible for GATE 2011 and after scoring GATE can i take the admission in IITS

Aradhana
All the answers of your queries are positive!

yes you can apply for GATE 2011 and you can also get admission in IITs through GATE......

so all the best!
6th February 2011, 08:19 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
yes you can write the exam next year as there is no restrictions which does not allow the people who take break in there studies after graduation,but you should be below 30 years of age to write the exam,if you are below 30 then you can write the exam as number of times as you want,
if you are above 30 and still want to do m.tech from colleges like iit then you can think of joining them as an part time candidate or as an sponsored candidate
there are many courses running in iits for part timers and sponsored candidates,but one thing to consider is that the part time programs are for three years were as regular m.tech program is for 2 years , and also if you are an sponsored candidate then you have to be associated with your sponsoring company for through out the completion of program
all the best
6th February 2011, 11:55 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

Hi

As there is no age limit for the gate exam and also a student can apply for the GATE examination any number of times. So you are eligible for the GATE exam.

The complete eligibility criteria for the GATE exam is given below:

Education Qualification:

1. B.E/B.Tech degree. Students of the Pre-final year and final year are also eligible to appear for the exam.

2.Students having Master's degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications are eligible for the GATE exam.

AGE LIMIT
There is no bar in the age limit. A student can attempt any number of times.

ATTEMPTS
There is no limit regarding the number of attempts. A student can appear for the GATE examination any number of times.

You will get the NIT if you get the cut off marks or fall in the category of cut off marks. As this the toughest exam , you have to work hard to clear this exam.

GOOD LUCK
7th February 2011, 12:19 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yes you are eligible for GATE examination. there are no limitation of maximum number of time and age limitation in GATE examination.

there are so many candidate those appear in GATE examination after some work experience. even they got advantage if they qualified GATE. because after master degree with the work experience job opportunity is very much increases.

it's a very nice decision to do further study. i think obviously you should appear in the next year GATE examination. for information on GATE examination visit the website http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in

best wishes.
7th February 2011, 12:38 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

You Can Apply for GATE Entrance Exams Number Of Times You Want.

Because There are No Age Limit Restrictions And Number of Attempt Restrictions In GATE Exams. So, If You Have Completed Your B.tech 3 Years Back, And Interested to Appear In GATE Exams, Then You Are Eligible To Appear The GATE Exams.

There Are Manny Candidates Working In Companies, Are Interested to Appear In GATE Exams, So They Are Eligible Because To Appear In this exams, There is No Such Restriction Regarding Age Or Attempts. So, If You Have Completed your B.tech 3 Years Back, Then You Can Apply for This Exams Any Time You Want.

So, Please Dont Worry, Just Prepare Well, Work Hard, If You Really Interested To Get Admission In IITs. And To Get Admission In IITs You need To Score Good Marks In GATE Exams.
7th February 2011, 01:09 AM
diego
Banned

Well you can apply for GATE exams anytime you want. Also with work experience.
there is no restriction on maximum age ... Also there is no such restriction on nomber of attempts.
In fact You can do M.Tech even without GATE ... through industry sponsored scheme.
If your company is willing to sponsor you ... there are some reserved seats for such candidates in colleges like IITs... you will get full sponsorship.
I lieu you have to sign bond to be with the company for certain no of years.
However GATE applcation for 2011 is closed.
So now you appear next year
prepare well including for interviews.
7th February 2011, 01:51 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Yes, friend you are eligible for GATE examination because there is no limit for GATE examination. If you are interested then you can apply for GATE 2011. For more information about GATE examination please see the website http://www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in
all the best.
7th February 2011, 02:31 AM
kumar Mitesh

dear friend
there is no any limit to appear for the gate examinations......
you can apply in the next year.....
so go on and take admission to the top colleges....
best of luck

for more details visithttp://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011
7th February 2011, 04:10 AM
Renuka PRASAD

s u can take up gate and after that u can try
that exam
7th February 2011, 10:21 AM
xavi

freind hi,

--there is no such problem and yes you are eligible for GATE examination

all the best
--There are No Age Limit Restrictions And Number of Attempt Restrictions In GATE Exams

all the best
7th February 2011, 04:03 PM
mohit brh

yes you can apply for gate examination which will be held in next year.
you are eligible to apply there are nothing this type of boundation.
even 3rd year and final year and pass out student also eligible.
there are many faculty and worker working in organization will aso appear in GATE.
for more detail visit www.gate.iitm.ac.in
7th February 2011, 04:51 PM
payal1004

hello
yes u can easily apply for the GAYE2011 as there is no such boundation regarding your age or any gap being taken i between your graduation and post graduation.
7th February 2011, 06:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Sure there is no problem in you appearing for the GATE. Completing your B.Tech 3 years back is not an issue. You can appear for the exam provide you fulfill the criteria's. You need to have 60% marks in B.Tech. Also you should be over 21years. If you were working over this period it will be an added advantage for you at the time of interview.
7th February 2011, 09:12 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Aradhana
yes ofcourse you can apply gate.....
tgere is no age limitation...
as per rule u can do the mastrs in any time during your lifetime...
so wark hard for your dream..
apply gate next year
best of luck..............
8th February 2011, 04:47 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

Quote:
i had done my B.tech( Biotechnology) in 2008 so i want to know i am eligible for GATE 2011
Gate i.e graduate aptitude test in Engineering is given any time as per as your wish but must be in Age limits.

Being a biotechnology student and have done Engineering in the year 2008, Then don't worry you can Write 2011 Gate too.Because you will be still in Age criteria.

Quote:
and after scoring GATE can i take the admission in IITS Aradhana
if you get good Score in Gate Exam then you can have your chances to get seat in Various IIT's In biotech Field.
If you want to give 2011 Gate then The registration Has got over a decade.

You need to apply for 2012 if you have not registerred for it.But if you have registerred for it Then the Exam is on 13 Feb. & You must have started preparing for it.

Hope you Get your Dream true.

With best wishes.
15th February 2011, 07:47 PM
aryabhatta

GATE (graduate aptitude test in Engineering )

exam can be appeared after these three years for sure

so just work hard and don't feel bad for anything it is good chance and news ..........
20th May 2011, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

dear sir

i am completing my B.TECH in 2003 after that i am working with industry from last 07 years but now i decide to go complete M.TECH AND after that want to go for teaching job so please guide me and please define its future prospect also.
13th July 2011, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

i ve completed engg course in 5yrs.... i had got yaer back.... so is there any chance that i can apply for gate
15th September 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to appear gate 2012 as i have 2 back papers presently and waiting for the result. i hv done b tech during 2006-2010
15th September 2011, 10:20 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes. you are eligible to appear next year GATE-2012.

there have no age limit criteria for the GATE exam.

the eligibilty criteria for the gate exam is

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

>>Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

> Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

>>Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

>>Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

>>Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

all the best........
7th October 2011, 12:16 AM
jharsha

Hi,, i got detained for 1 sem in 3rd year btech, am worried tat will there be preference in jobs for candidates who are detained??? will the companies recruit in this case? How about MBA after btech in this case will he get the job after mba with tat degree??
31st October 2011, 03:13 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello Dear,

Yes you are eligible to give an attempt to the GATE exam while pursuing the 3rd year of B.Tech, on the whole the GATE attempts are thrice, so totally you can write three times, so without wasting your time please join any coachings which helps you in passing out and getting a good rank, MAY GOD BLESS YOU
ALL THE BEST!!!!!
31st October 2011, 04:06 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

yes you are eligible for the gate exam in your third year of B.Tech .

eligibility for the gate exam
[LIST][*] Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and

those who are in the final or pre-final year can apply for the exam .

candidate who are in the second year or more in the Integrated Master’s degree course

(Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology are eligible

Candidates with eligibilities got through tests carried out by professional societies recognized by

UPSC/AICTE can also apply .

candidate with Post graduates in Science/statistics/maths/computer application candiadtes who

are inthe last year of these courses are eligible .

Students who are doing the last year of any of these courses are also eligible .

The candidate can apply who finish B.E/ B.Tech/B.Arch course

Those who are in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree course and Dual

Degree course in Engineering/Technology are eligible .
31st October 2011, 10:42 PM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

experience.
This is why, there is no such age limit or restriction for those who have drop their
If you apply in IITs on the basis of GATE score you will be called for a personal interview.
The interview for M.Tech. in IITs use to very directive so, there is no need to worry
about that part.

You should start preparing for the exam from now so that you can score well in the exam.

Thanks
31st October 2011, 10:55 PM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

experience.
about that part.

Thanks
24th March 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

sir im a 1year back student can i also eligible for gate
24th March 2012, 05:03 PM
biswarup.jackon14

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

Hi!!! Friend……

You are not eligible for GATE Entrance when your are in 3rd year, for being eligible you should be final year or should have passed final year .

Eligibility GATE Exam

You should have Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from recognized university for being eligible .
Only final year and passed student can apply for GATE Exam.

Age limit

No age limit for GATE Exam .

So , wait till final year for completing eligibility .

Sooo besssst of luck……
24th March 2012, 05:31 PM
krishna76743

Quote:

Aradhana
Look in GATE there is nothing like only these much attempts are possible.You

can write it again.There is no such restriction for the number of times a

candidate ca write a exam.

So all the best.
24th March 2012, 08:05 PM
mehfoozahamad9696

Dear Friend

experience.
about that part.

Thank You

mehfooz ahamad
cheers
24th March 2012, 08:06 PM
mehfoozahamad9696

Dear Friend

experience.
about that part.

Thank You

mehfooz ahamad
cheers
10th May 2012, 08:10 PM
BIKARANT RAI

Am I eligible to appear next year GATE if my B.Tech. completed 3 years back?

Dear Friend

experience.
about that part.

YES you are eligible
for Gate as there is no age limit
and no number of attempts defined in GATE exam..
and also there is no minimum percentage criteria ,

the only thing needed is talent and hard work to crack the GATE..

thanking you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?