20th February 2011, 12:47 PM
sasithedevil

Expectation of CTS, TCS and WIPRO companies from a candidate? What type of questions are asked and how to prepare for it?

I am doing B.Sc. Maths (III year)... What do the companies like TCS, CTS, WIPRO expect from me? What type of questions will they ask in the interview?
How should I prepare for that?

Related Questions:
  1. Exam pattern and interview questions for companies like CTS, TCS and Wipro for B.Tech final semester student?
  2. What is the eligibility for Wipro, Satyam, TCS and any other IT companies to apply for job?
  3. How to do salary negotiation between two companies if I am a experienced candidate?
  4. How can I prepare to crack CTS off-campus interview? What kinds of questions are asked in GD, HR and Technical rounds?
  5. Am I eligible for TCS and CTS, Capgemini, Accenture and WIPRO
  6. Placement Papers of IT companies like TCS, WIPRO, CTS etc.?
  7. Is it possible to get placement in companies like TCS, CTS, Wipro etc. if there is a 2 years gap in studies?
  8. Am i eligible to attend interview companies like HCL, CTS, TCS, Accenture, Infosys, WIPRO and AMI
  9. How can I apply for summer internship in major IT companies like Infosys, TCS, CTS or Wipro?
  10. What type of questions will be asked in TCS placement?
  11. What kind of questions will be asked in Tech Round by software companies like Wipro, TCS
  12. Which is better IT at TCS or ITIS at CTS for a fresher?
  13. Can I settle in software field after doing MSc computer science?
  14. Where can I get the aptitude questions for this years passout students? I want a job in MNC's like Infosys, CTS, TCS, WIPRO
  15. Which are the off campus drive companies for Accenture, WIPRO, HCL, CTS and TCS in Coimbatore in IT
  16. How may I get information about postal recruitment? When will exam be held for the same?
  17. Is distance education course applicable to apply for job in top MNC companies like CTS, TCS, Wipro and so on? -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in B.Tech even after failing in entrance exam?
24th February 2011, 04:28 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Expectation of CTS, TCS and WIPRO companies from a candidate? What type of questions are asked and how to prepare for it?

hello friend....

Its really great to see that you are all up to prepare for placements so soon...
When i was in 3rd year i never even taught about a minute... Expectation of CTS, TCS, WIPRO and any other software companies you name it, they all just see one thing from us whether we will fit in their work area to finish the work efficiently so as in the process of interview during campus placement they will check 3 important skills from each individuals....

1) Good aptitude skill ( like analytical reasoning, problem solving, verbal and so on) - you can practice this skill by referring some good aptitude books like R.S.Agarwal that is more than enough...( there are various pattern for testing aptitude carried out with different companies so you have to be sure which pattern of questions they follow before going for the test).

2) Good Communication skill - They will check how well you are able to communicate that is your speaking skills. If you are frequent with English in college then there wont be any problem in this skill...

3) Subject Knowledge skill - They will check your subjects which you studied in your college that means how well you are doing with the basics which you learnt, for software companies like TCS they will check your basic C and C++ skills, if you know the basic concepts of all the subjects you can easily crack this....

I have attached 2 books in this post which talks about preparing of interview, it helped me a lot... just check it out if you need it....

Any queries about placement we are here to help you out....

All the Best for placements...
25th February 2011, 11:08 AM
goldin

Default Re: Expectation of CTS, TCS and WIPRO companies from a candidate? What type of questions are asked and how to prepare for it?

generally they want to test our knowledge. we should know about that company and on going projects.we should strong in apptitude for that you can study from previous question papers also.
16th June 2011, 01:01 AM
sachin6

The exceptation in this companies are simple. The steps are: 1)APTITUDE TEST 2)GROUP DISCUSSION 3)PERSONAL AND HR INTERVIEW you can refer rs agarwal books for your aptitude test. Group discussion means discuss a topic in a group. The your personal and subjectwise questions.the main is aptitude,you have to pass in aptitude means your 50% entry is permanent.
8th August 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

what are the topics in the quant we need to prepare for aptitude test?
8th August 2011, 06:12 PM
sg1991

To get job in software companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, IBM you should keep following points in mind-

* You should have at least 60% marks in 10th, 12th and graduation.

* You should not have any backlog in any subject in any semester.

* Your performance should be consistent.

* You should have good knowledge of programming languages like C, C++, C#, Java, .net, SQL.

* Your communication skills should be excellent.

* Your body language, interview and presentation skills should be good.
28th August 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,i am stydent of b.tech..my 10 12 and b.tech is 55% 57% and 76%........now i am aligible fpr ur coompany.....................plzz reply me ...... i have work at .net,c.c and software testing......
3rd September 2011, 08:35 PM
gowthammca

hi guys,
i am pursuing final year mca,,, send tips abt as a fresher point of view..
14th December 2011, 06:24 PM
piya12

Smile Re: Expectation of CTS, TCS and WIPRO companies from a candidate? What type of questions are asked and how to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasithedevil View Post
I am doing B.Sc. Maths (III year)... What do the companies like TCS, CTS, WIPRO expect from me? What type of questions will they ask in the interview?
How should I prepare for that?
hi friend,

In software companies like CTS,Wipro,TCS they expect three major skills from their employees,they are
  • Communication Skills
  • Good Attitude
  • Technical Skills

They will ask questions regarding aptitude,verbal and non-verbal questions in The written test(prepare from RS.Agarwal book)
They will ask technical questions in the technical interview(prepare from www.freshersworld.com,www.indiabix.com,www.placeme ntpapers.net)
They will ask self introduction in the personal interview

Work hard so that you will get it..
All the very best
2nd January 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

what kind of work we have to do in TCS after joining as a fresher ? "[email protected]"
11th February 2013, 01:26 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Post Re: Expectation of CTS, TCS and WIPRO companies from a candidate? What type of questions are asked and how to prepare for it?

In most of MNC companies they will test your aptitude,technical knowledge and personal interview.HR questions are basically done to check your capabilities,your personal attributes whether you are hard working type,lazy, or you have interest in that company.

HR questions can be

>> Tell me about yourselves.

>>What are your strength and weakness?

>> Other simple ones include, Do you want to work in this company, what are your future goals, your salary etc.

>> Aptitude can be logical,verbal and non verbal,reasoning etc.

>> Prepare a good resume not more than 2-3 pages.

Thanks!
7th March 2013, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir
i am doing my B.E IIIrd year(Computer Science and Engineering)Just now they released the anna university exam results...,and unfortunately i failed in 2 subjects...,please,tell me whether am i eligible for top MNC companies....,i have good communication skills,technical skills,extra curicular and all co-curicular skills and also various achievements...,and my 12th mark is 84% and my 10th mark is 84% and my degree mark upto 5th sem is 8.0% with 2 arrear..,please tell me can i apply for top MNC companies and it is possible for me to get through easily..?
4th April 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

im doing my second year now,what is the exact expectation of tcs from a student , pls list them all :-(
4th May 2013, 11:49 AM
banacareer

HI,

They will follow 3 process for the candidate selections Here:

1 . written exam : Aptitude,English,Maths, Logical resonsing
2 Group Discussion if any on any general topic which is in demands
3 Tecnical Interview
4 HR

IF you clear these process you will get selected.
30th June 2013, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

hi. Im actually from B.sc(pcm) base perusing MCA 2nd year in a top college of Bangalore. I'm little bit weak in programming language. Will i be able to get a good job in top companies like tcs, wipro, infosys??
23rd November 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I have finished B.Sc(Communication and computer science) @ KMU SASTRA in the year 2012. Now am doing M.Sc(Cs) in the same college. My B.Sc CGPA is 6.5303 Can I have Eligible for your company. My Email Id:[email protected]
1st March 2014, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.E CSE,how can i get job from Software company,how i will work... may i go to higher studies,pls guide me..my email [email protected]
24th February 2018, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

In TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys companies want majorly which programming language?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?