9th October 2012, 08:56 PM
naz1105

What is the eligibility criteria to get into Air Force and Army? I am 24 years old

I am 24 years old. My dob is may 1988. I am pursuing m.b.a (final year), i wanna get into Indian army or airforce. I am very keen in getting into defence. Whats the Eligibility criteria for getting into airforce and army? Plz provide me complete details regarding this. Thank you.

3rd January 2013, 01:50 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: What is the eligibility criteria to get into Air Force and Army? I am 24 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1105 View Post
I am 24 years old. My dob is may 1988. I am pursuing m.b.a (final year), i wanna get into Indian army or airforce. I am very keen in getting into defence. Whats the Eligibility criteria for getting into airforce and army? Plz provide me complete details regarding this. Thank you.
Dear,

Indian air force provide opportunities for various level like:
  1. Intermediate
  2. Graduation
  3. Post graduation
  4. Engineers

Since you are doing MBA its a post graduation level. You can apply for following jobs:
  1. Officers in ground duty in which minimum age is 20 and maximum is 25.
  2. Airmen in which minimum age is 20 and maximum is 28.

Also you have to be single and indian citizen to apply for these jobs. Too know about job opportunities for you in airforce you have to check employement news and daily newspaper and airforce official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in/index4....ubsublinkid=11

Best of luck!
3rd January 2013, 02:10 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to get into Air Force and Army? I am 24 years old

hi,

Through CDS you are eligible to appear and join
Indian Military Academy - Age limit 19-24yrs.
Officers Training Academy-Age limit 19-25yrs.
-But you dont meet the age limits of
Naval Academy-Age 19-22yrs
Airforce Academy-Age 19-23yrs.
-To get more information and details follow this link
http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
3rd January 2013, 02:33 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to get into Air Force and Army? I am 24 years old

hi,

Through CDS you are eligible to appear and join
Indian Military Academy - Age limit 19-24yrs.
Officers Training Academy-Age limit 19-25yrs.
-But you dont meet the age limits of
Naval Academy-Age 19-22yrs
Airforce Academy-Age 19-23yrs.
-To get more information and details follow this link
http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
15th February 2013, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

I am stding b.sc 1 year. Want to airforce in plus 2 batch the base of pcm. Can i elibl?
8th September 2013, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of math hons final year.my height is 163cm .can i join indian army
9th September 2013, 02:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you are 24 years and pursing MBA now which means you have completed Graduation Degree, you are only eligible to apply for CDS to join Indian Army.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

At the age of 24 years, you are only eligible to apply for Indian Army(IMA) and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years for IMA and from 19 to 25 years for OTA of CDS.

As you are over age you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?