10th May 2015, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Till which class an Indian can study in Abroad to avoid NRI quota?

My son is studying in 5th Std in India. Next year i am planning to take him to abroad with me. If I want to avoid NRI quota till which class he can study in abroad. Kindly reply for this. Thank you.

Babu.

Related Questions:
  1. Till which class a student can study in Abroad? To avoid NRI quota in which class he should come back to India?
  2. At what time a 5th standard student can study in Abroad to avoid being NRI?
  3. How to get admission in engineering colleges through NRI quota? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  5. If I study class 12 in India will I be considered an NRI? If I study class 10th in Abroad and +2 in India will I be considered an NRI?
  6. Is there any NRI quota in BITS Pilani?
  7. What's the cut-off marks for NRI quota ? What's the fee structure and admission procedure through NRI quota? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Will my son considered to be NRI if he has a valid visa of UAE to study in India?
  9. For NRI students studying abroad in CBSE
  10. Can I study in FTII as NRI student if working in Abroad?
  11. Gulf or NRI quota jobs in India?
  12. If I did schooling in India till class 10th and high secondary from USA will I be considered in NRI quota for DCE admission for B.Tech? Are there any exam centers in USA? How to get the current syllabus of the same?
  13. Which students are considered as NRI?
  14. Can I get admission in NIT in NRI quota?
  15. Can I get general admission in Indian school rather NRI quota?
  16. Is there any NRI quota for engineering for Delhi Government Engineering Colleges?
  17. Are there any seats for NRI sponsored students in AIIMS?
  18. Does college of engineering, AP carry NRI quota for B.Tech course?
14th April 2018, 12:26 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Till which class an Indian can study in Abroad to avoid NRI quota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is studying in 5th Std in India. Next year i am planning to take him to abroad with me. If I want to avoid NRI quota till which class he can study in abroad. Kindly reply for this. Thank you.

Babu.

An Indian student can study till Class VIII in abroad to avoid NRI quota. Students must have studied minimum 4 years i.e. Class 9 to Class 12 in India to get admission in the normal category. The NRI quota admission and fee are different in colleges. If the student studied in India from Class 9th to 12th then he/she can be admitted to the colleges as a normal student. If the student studied in abroad country, then he/she will be treated as NRI student. Students can find the details in the admission notification issued by the concerned authority.
30th April 2018, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

My kids are studying in Oman from 5th standard onward and appeared standard 10th exam this year i am planing to send them to India for admission in 11th standard is there any problem of NRE quota or under normal procedure they can get admission in india.

2) Incase if we send them after passing 12th standard in oman is NRE quota applicable
3) what is fees slab diffrence betwen normal admission and NRE Quote
20th January 2019, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

If my child studied till class 10 in abroad Dubai. After that we planing to go to India. How much fees we have to pay more from normal students.
21st January 2019, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

My kid is studying 6 grade in Riyadh, KSA. To avoid NRI Quota and get seats in Medical, IIT and Engineering, in which grade should I go for admission in Hyderabad, Telangana state, India.
21st June 2019, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 10th in ksa cbse if he studies 12th also here so what is the admission criteria in Hyderabad India for doing engineering?
13th November 2019, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is giving her 10th this year in uae...Is it advisable to go to India after 10th,will she get admission in normal fees category or NRI fees category....if she leaves after 10th and does her 11th n 12th in India will get admission in engineering n medical colleges in normal category?
15th November 2019, 11:07 AM
Quiz Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is giving her 10th this year in uae...Is it advisable to go to India after 10th,will she get admission in normal fees category or NRI fees category....if she leaves after 10th and does her 11th n 12th in India will get admission in engineering n medical colleges in normal category?
Your daughter has to study in India for at least 4 years in School to get admitted in any recognized Indian University/Colleges. But as you have mentioned that your daughter has completed her 10th from UAE so according to the rule even if she does 12th from India then also she will be considered as NRI Student and has to pay the fees in the US dollar. For exact information, you can contact the Indian University/College in which your daughter wishes to join.
14th December 2019, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi, my son is in 10 icse this year next year we planning to go to oman , after taking admission in oman 11 and 12 ,will he be cansidered NRI . What will be provision for him
19th February 2020, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

My kid is a US citizen. We are planning to go to india where he will continue his studies from 6th onwards. For his college will he be considered under NRI quota or he can apply in merit?
6th March 2020, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Whoever is sure of this rule, can they quote some reference to this? Apart from this forum, there is no where it is mentioned that you need to study atlesat 4 years in India to come under normal category.
14th June 2020, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

My niece had completed 10th in Dubai. Now she will do 11th nd 12th science stream from india. She born in India. Will she applicable for NRI qouta?
Pls suggest..
25th August 2020, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, My son has passed class 10 in Paris, and is doing 11 and 12 in India. Is he is eligible for entrance exam under normal category or NRI category?
7th September 2020, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is completing A level in Cambridge international syllabus in abroad . What is the procedure for neet exam and MBBS admission
29th September 2020, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria to avoid NRI seat in MBBS in Telangana
16th November 2020, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Will a student be treated as NRI if he studies abroad till 12th, even if he has high scores in 12th, NEET tests?
13th December 2020, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

my daughter studied 2to6in India .If to avoid nri quota should she has to study in indian school.now 10th in Muscat oman
17th May 2021, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

hi.My daughter studied untill grade 9 in cbse in residential school.Due to unavoidable circumstance we took her to indonesia for grade 10.But due to covid she stayed only 175 days.Now we plan to go to india for grade 11.My husband also lost his job.So we plan to stay in india.Now will she be consider as NRi student?shall i admit in 10th again to avoid NRi?
23rd June 2021, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Can nri student apply in normal quota if she gets goods marks ?
26th August 2021, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Till which class an Indian can study in Abroad to avoid NRI quota in Telangana state ?
15th March 2022, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying 12th in Oman and for Courses in India considered as NRI. Is it possible to avoid NRI status, if she stay in India for one year?
25th May 2022, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Good day maam
My son studied in Oman till 8th standard his 9th onwards studying in India. So will he come under NRI ?
What are the rules say to avoid NRI in Karnataka
23rd October 2022, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying in 10th grade in Muscat, Oman. He studied in Pune, Maharashtra from 1st to 7th grade & 8th to 10th grade studied in Muscat, Oman. After 12th grade, we are planning to take admission in India for Engineering. Kindly advise which quota is applicable & what is the procedure for taking admission in normal Quota.
4th May 2023, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

My son studied KG to 5th std in India and 6 to 7 std studied in Singapore again 8th and 9th std studied in Chennai now currently studying 10th std in Singapore is he currently NRI or general student to get medical seat in India
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?