14th July 2022, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

After diploma can I do any degree course?

I can finish my diploma in mechanical engineering so I can do the arts and scienceor B.E..,B.Tech

15th July 2022, 12:29 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After diploma can I do any degree course?

After completion of diploma course in mechanical engineering, you can definitely eligible to apply for the B.E. or B.Tech degree courses.

Either you shall apply for direct admission under management quota or you can apply LEET examination and participate in the online counselling process to get admission in best college/university as per your rank in the LEET examination.

After diploma in mechanical engineering, the duration of B.Tech would be only three years as you would get direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech.
15th July 2022, 12:40 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

If the diploma you have done is from a recognized institution and is equivalent to the minimum required educational eligibility for the admission to the degree course then you can seek admission for any degree course as per your qualification.
15th July 2022, 01:30 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after successfully completing a three-year diploma program, you can enroll in degree programs. You may enroll in a lateral entry program for a BTech course. You can appear for*LEET exams. It also saves a year in the degree program. Also, getting a degree following a diploma improves your job prospects.
15th July 2022, 12:55 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

After completing your diploma in Mechanical Engineering you can take admission in BE/BTech through lateral entry. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a 3-year diploma course with a minimum score of 60% marks from a recognized institute. The admission process in some universities is done through an entrance examination and in some direct admission. The minimum score and the admission process may vary from college to college which you can check before applying.
15th July 2022, 02:04 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do a bachelor's degree course after completing your diploma course even if you have not completed your 12th standard because the diploma is equivalent to 12th grade. Candidates who have passed the three-year diploma course from the government recognized board are eligible for the graduation course.
15th July 2022, 04:41 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Yes, a candidate is eligible to enroll in a degree course after successfully completing a three-year diploma course. Candidates may enroll in a BTech course through the lateral entrance. Candidates may also take the LEET exam. Additionally, the degree course is cut by a year. Besides this, pursuing a degree after receiving a diploma enhances their work possibilities.
15th July 2022, 07:17 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To get admission for any degree course there are two ways. Either on merit basis or through and test. If the diploma you have done is from a recognised institution and is equivalent to the minimum required educational eligibility for the admission to the degree course, then you can seek admission for any degree course as per your qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?