23rd July 2015, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced being a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?

Hello Friends,
I am Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from B.T.E Delhi Polytechnic. I am eligible to give JEE Main and Advanced or not? Kindly let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  3. Am I eligible for JEE advanced?
  4. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  5. Eligibility to apply in JEE Advanced for a candidate who has secured 86% in 10th and 75% in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Diploma course?
  6. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?
  8. Detailed information and procedure to apply for JEE Advanced for Diploma student? What are the subjects in JEE Advanced for Diploma student?
  9. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  10. Am I eligible to reappear in 12th and apply for JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from BSEB and pursuing Polytechnic Diploma?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if applied but didn't appear in this year?
  12. Am I eligible for JEE mains and JEE advanced entrance examination
  13. Will I be able to crack JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from Hindi Medium?
  14. Will I get mechanical engineering in NIT after scoring 81 marks in JEE mains?
  15. Can I reappear in JEE Advanced next year if appearing for 2nd times in this year?
  16. Am I eligible for JEE advanced after scoring 65 marks in JEE mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to study B.Tech in IIT-Mumbai?
  18. How to take admission in Patna IIT Institute at low cost?
24th July 2015, 10:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced being a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examinations but, your examination scores and rank will not be declared as Diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs/IITs. Since, you are pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, I suggest you to prepare for Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET examinations and try to score good marks in these examinations, so, that you can get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course.
25th July 2015, 01:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced being a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Friends,
I am Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from B.T.E Delhi Polytechnic. I am eligible to give JEE Main and Advanced or not? Kindly let me know immediately.
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?