26th September 2015, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering?

Respected Sir/Mam,

I have completed three year diploma in mechanical engineering from a govt. College of polytechnic.
Can i do iit and aieee?
Sir,how many years can i try iit and aieee after passing year of diploma.?

Can someone please answer me?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  2. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to try IIT and other exams after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  5. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  6. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  7. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible for the position of SI after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a candidate with an age of 22 years?
  9. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  10. Can I do diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of 12th commerce?
  11. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  13. What is the procedure to apply for RTO Sub Inspector exam after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  16. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  17. How to apply for the position of Break Inspector after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and with 3 years of work experience?
  18. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
26th September 2015, 09:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering?

No, you are not get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. IIT's does not offer Lateral Entry admissions in B.E/B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have qualified and score good marks in JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT.
26th September 2015, 11:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

I have completed three year diploma in mechanical engineering from a govt. College of polytechnic.
Can i do iit and aieee?
Sir,how many years can i try iit and aieee after passing year of diploma.?

Can someone please answer me?

Thanks!
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for IIT entrance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
27th September 2015, 11:36 PM
Silent work
Member+

Sorry to say but u cannot get admission in IIT after diploma.

Only 12th pass students with PCM are eligible for JEE which are conducted by IIT for admission of B.Tech on IIT.

So, you are not eligible for JEE. But you are eligible for B.Tech by lateral entry in any other universities engineering college.
You can join B.Tech by LEET examination.
1st October 2015, 12:59 AM
DSP@1

No, I am sorry that you are not eligible to get seat in IIT.

The eligibility criteria for IIT are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard in MPC group.
-Candidate age must be between 17-21 years,
-Percentage criteria is given to state wise differently.

As you have done Diploma you are not eligible for getting admission in IIT.

So you better complete your graduation in any University/college which offer seats for lateral entry students.

And after completing your graduation your can go for 'GATE' through which you can get admission in IIT for doing your PG.
2nd October 2015, 12:40 PM
Jitu888

Sorry friend, but you are not eligible for IIT.

IIT organise JEE entrance exam once in a year through which students can get admission in IIT for B.Tech.

The eligibility criteria required for JEE exam is as follows :
1. Only those candidates are eligible who born after 1990.
2. The candidate must have passed in 12th examination or its equivalent.
3. The maximum attempts for JEE is limited upto 3 attempts.

Diploma is not equivalent to 12th. So, you are not eligible for JEE & hence you cannot do IIT OR AIEEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?