21st December 2016, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?

I am a student of diploma in mechanical. Is it possible to get admission in IIT colleges after diploma? If yes, what is eligibility criteria for that? Is there any entrance exam? Am I eligible to get the seat or not? Can you please guide me on this?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  6. Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in NIT or IIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to given IIT entrance exam after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?
  9. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  11. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  13. Am I eligible to try IIT and other exams after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?
  15. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  16. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering?
  18. Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?
22nd December 2016, 11:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the admission in IITs after the completion of your Diploma course as you are not eligible according to the norms of IITs.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with a minimum of 75% of marks in it are eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination.
Diploma holders are not eligible for the above mentioned Entrance examination.
23rd December 2016, 01:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?

I am sorry to say that IIT does not entertain admission of candidates via Diploma degree, as there is no such provision for it.

If you wish to get admission in the above mentioned institute, you will have to appear for IIT(JEE main) examination and only after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to avail a seat and continue with your studies further.
23rd December 2016, 08:10 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you can't take admission in IIT after completion of your three years diploma. But you can take admission in any other good institution through lateral entry examination like LEET, ECET OR JELET. But you can give these exams only if you have completed your diploma with minimum of 60% marks. After qualifying in one of these exams you will get admission in second year of engineering directly. Thanks
23rd December 2016, 08:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission through JEE main and advanced on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering. All you need is excellent performance in the entrance exam. Only first year admission is possible at IITs, means you won't get benefit of diploma qualification.

Therefore, if you want to get admission in IIT for your B.Tech, then be prepared for JEE Main as well as Advanced. Only good marks in these stages can help you get admission.
23rd December 2016, 10:12 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

you cannot get admission in Indian Institute of Technology after completing diploma in engineering because there is no provision for diploma holders to apply for B.Tech course in IIT.

IIT does not offer lateral entry admission. One has to appear for common entrance exam to get admission in IIT. The entrance exam for IIT admission is IIT-JEE.

The minimum eligibility for IIT is 12th with science stream.
24th December 2016, 10:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of diploma in mechanical. Is it possible to get admission in IIT colleges after diploma? If yes, what is eligibility criteria for that? Is there any entrance exam? Am I eligible to get the seat or not? Can you please guide me on this?
No, diploma student are not eligible for IIT exam.

Those who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for IIT entrance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?