24th October 2021, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join BCA after completing DCA?

I have completed my 10th Board exams and after that I did Diploma in Computer Application (DCA) degree course. Now, am I eligible to apply for BCA from any colleges as I have not done Intermediate and instead did Diploma?

25th October 2021, 12:31 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join BCA after completing DCA?

If you have a diploma in computer application from a recognised board in India , then you are eligible for admission to BCA course.

The basic eligibility to apply for the BCA course is 12th examination with the minimum aggregate of 50% marks in English and Maths or Computer Science. Those who have not chosen mathematics as a subject in intermediate examination are also eligible for BCA but you, have to study Computer Science as a subject in your 12th examination.

As you have completed 3 year diploma course after matriculation you are also eligible for BCA course. For admission you must have passed in 3 year diploma in a branch of engineering from a Polytechnic institution with the minimum aggregate of 50% marks.

Admission in BCA course is based on CET (Common Entrance Test) as well as on the basis of Management quota. If you want to take admission in top colleges then for this you have to clear the CET examination.

Colleges provides you direct admission in 2nd year of BCA course after completing 3 year diploma course, As diploma holder eligible for lateral entry test.
25th October 2021, 06:47 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do BCA course after passing 12th class for diploma course with 50% marks.
BCA is a fully Computer Based course.

So if you have interest and command on computer then you should try to do this course otherwise there is no more benefits.
After BCA you can do MCA or any other master degree as per your eligibility and interest.
25th October 2021, 07:36 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing DCA, You are eligible to pursue BCA.
25th October 2021, 08:24 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Both courses are done after 12th standard from a recognized university.Duration of DCA course is 6 months to one year.And on 10th standard basis you can also do BCA course through Open Universities.
25th October 2021, 08:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application. It is three year vocational course.

The required eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board or equivalent qualification.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in BCA course as you have not higher secondary qualification.
25th October 2021, 11:56 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, to pursue Bachelor in computer application after completing Diploma in Computer application from recognised board.
The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for the BCA course is 12th examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in English and mathematics or computer science.
Some colleges will provide you direct admission in 2nd year of BCA course after completing 3 year diploma course.
Diploma holders are eligible for the lateral entry entrance test to get admission directly in 2nd year after Bachelor in computer application course.

You have completed your 3 years diploma in Engineering in any stream with minimum 50% marks after completing 10th examination then, you are eligible for admission to BCA course
26th October 2021, 10:53 PM
periwinkle09876

YES, you are eligible to join BCA after completing DCA because the minimum educational qualification needed to take admission in BCA course is 12th in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised board with at least 55% marks for general category students and 50% for reserved category students from a recognised board.
If you want to pursue BCA through lateral entry then you should have passed DCA with 50% aggregate marks.
27th October 2021, 06:55 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for BCA course. You can get direct admission to a BCA after completing a Diploma in computer Engineering if you fulfill the required eligibility criteria for Admission . The basic eligibility criteria is minimum 50% requirement in diploma for taking admissions in BCA.
28th October 2021, 03:47 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

You can get direct admission to BCA after diploma.

There are some institute that require atleast 50% marks in diploma for admission.
Some institution that offer these course are
BITS Pilani
Delhi College Of engineering
National Institute of engineering etc

It's a full time UG course and the job opportunities are far better for BCA students.
29th October 2021, 12:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 10th Board exams and after that I did Diploma in Computer Application (DCA) degree course. Now, am I eligible to apply for BCA from any colleges as I have not done Intermediate and instead did Diploma?
After completion DCA, you are eligible for BCA course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or DCA from recognized board or University are eligible for BCA course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?