27th November 2021, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma holders get admission in IIT colleges?

Hi sir/madam; I am from Pune, Maharashtra. And my question was that can I get admission in IIT college if I complete my 3 year diploma course.

28th November 2021, 11:49 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can diploma holders get admission in IIT colleges?

Indian Institute of Technology do not offer admission in bachelor of engineering courses through lateral entry.

There is no provision for admission for diploma holders in IIT
wherein they could be able to get direct entry into the second year of the four year degree programme.

So a candidate who has completed diploma in Engineering and aspires to pursue further studies from one of the top engineering institutes in India that is Indian Institute of Technology, the option that remains is through a General pathway through which a 10 + 2 pass out proceeds through JEE main and JEE advanced.

This way they will be able to get admission in the first year of BTech course at IIT.
28th November 2021, 06:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in IIT after diploma, there is no provision for special entry and thus, students have to appear in the JEE advanced examination which is the only way to get into IITs for undergraduate courses in engineering.
28th November 2021, 07:26 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

There is no provision for admission to diploma holders in IITs where in they could be able to get direct entry into the second year of the 4 year degree programme.
°°° This way, they will be able to get admission in the first year of B. Tech course at IIT.
29th November 2021, 11:48 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Candidates have to appear in the JEE Advanced examination it's only a way to get into IIT's for undergraduate course in engineering.This is the way to get admission in IIT after diploma.
29th November 2021, 01:26 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

There is no direct admission to IIT colleges. Every student has to go through the proper selection process to get into the reputed engineering institute in India. A candidate who has passed 10+2 or a diploma holder has to give JEE Main and JEE Advanced to secure a seat in IIT, there is no shortcut or easy way to get into IIT or NIT.
29th November 2021, 09:19 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holders can get admission in IIT through JEE Main exam.
He/she must have scored 75% marks in polytechnic.
They do not offer admission in bachelor's of engineering courses through lateral entry.
Thus by giving the JEE Main exam , they will be able to get admission in the 1st tear of b.tech course at IIT.
30th November 2021, 09:18 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, diploma holders can get into IIT for B.Tech course but not through the lateral entry.

No, lateral entry provision in the IIT. You will have to appear and qualify in JEE ( both stages ) for admission.
25th April 2022, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am 41 years old .i have 20 years industrial experience.now am very eager to study graduation.is it possible to study in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?