11th October 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance for diploma holders to get admission in IIT?

I secured my tenth with 85%. I want to do IIT, but for fast settlement. I choose diploma. Is there is any chance to fulfil my wish after diploma means entrance like JEE main & advanced to attempt.

11th October 2017, 09:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance for diploma holders to get admission in IIT?

Yes, the Diploma holders are eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of your Diploma course. To get admission in IIT being a Diploma holder, you have to appear in JEE Main and Advance examination. Your JEE Main examination score will not be used for applying admission in NITs and you need to qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advance examination to get admission for pursuing your higher studies.
11th October 2017, 11:52 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not allowed to get admission in IIT. IIT doesn't allows admission to diploma holders. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard are eligible to get admission in IIT.

As you are a diploma holder, so you are also not eligible for JEE entrance examination. Therefore, there is no chance to get admission in IIT with diploma qualification.
12th October 2017, 11:52 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for JEE examination for getting admission in IIT. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing your higher studies in IIT.
12th October 2017, 05:31 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that IITs does not entertain Diploma candidates, so if you are wiling to apply for IITs, you can not apply on the basis of Diploma qualification. You must have to qualify in the class 12th examination with Science stream.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination from a recognized Board studying Science stream with PCM as a subject combination scoring a minimum of 75% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the IIT JEE examination.
12th October 2017, 08:34 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To apply for admission in IIT, you will have to clear both stages of J E E entrance exam.

JEE Eligibility:-

You should finished 12th standard

Subjects should be physics, chemistry and maths

Diploma holders from AICTE recognised colleges can also appear

There is no percentage criteria.

You must be less than 25 years old to apply.

The relaxation is 5 years for SC/ ST.

You will first appear for the JEE Mains.

Only top 150,000 will go ahead to appear for JEE Advanced.

After clearing JEE Advanced you can apply for admission in IITs.

You will get three consecutive attempts to clear JEE.
12th October 2017, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, diploma holders are eligible to apply for JEE Main and advanced for admission at IITs. You will only get admission in first year of the course because there is no lateral entry at IITs.

You just have to be prepared like other class 12th candidates and appear for the exam. Selection will be on the basis of merit based on rank.
13th October 2017, 12:17 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for IIT after completion of Diploma course.
In order to get admission in IITs, a candidate must have to appear and qualify in JEE Main & Advanced.
Candidates who have completed 12th standard with a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for JEE Main & Advanced.
Since you haven't studied 12th standard, so you are not eligible for JEE Main & Advanced and hence not eligible for IITs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?