27th October 2016, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IIT JEE after doing diploma? Am I eligible to apply?

I am diploma student.studying in last year now.can i appear for IIT-JEE.because i heard that only 12th student can appear for that.after completing my ssc i got admission to diploma.so can i appear for IIT-JEE? Am I eligible to apply or not?

27th October 2016, 01:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT JEE after doing diploma? Am I eligible to apply?

If you have done diploma in any engineering stream, then surely you are eligible for IIT JEE. You can surely apply for it through their official website, when there is a notification.

Admission will be in first year through this exam. You will not get any benefit of diploma qualification for lateral entry, as they don't offer lateral entry.
27th October 2016, 09:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT JEE after doing diploma? Am I eligible to apply?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IIT JEE examination after completion of your Diploma course. To be eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination, you should have to appear, qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination. Being a Diploma holder, you can't use your JEE Main examination score to apply for admission in NIT. It can be used only as a gateway to appear in JEE Advanced examination. So, you are eligible to get admission in IIT through IIT JEE after completion of your three years Diploma course.
27th October 2016, 10:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for the IIT-JEE after the completion of your Diploma course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board are only eligible to appear in the IIT-JEE examination.
27th October 2016, 10:57 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Joint Entrance Exam acronym as JEE has been introduced in 2013 for providing admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at IIT and NIT.

For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required in 12th class for JEE examination is 45% in case of open and 40% in case of reserved category.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to appear for IIT JEE after doing diploma on the basis of 10th class. For more information you can visit at the official website: jeemain.nic.in/
27th October 2016, 11:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am diploma student.studying in last year now.can i appear for IIT-JEE.because i heard that only 12th student can appear for that.after completing my ssc i got admission to diploma.so can i appear for IIT-JEE? Am I eligible to apply or not?
No, you are not eligible for IIT JEE exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for IIT JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
27th October 2016, 11:17 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you are pursuing diploma just after completing your 10th, so you are not eligible to appear for IIT JEE. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard or equivalent examination are eligible to apply for this examination.

Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for IIT JEE:

> Candidate should not exceed the age limit of 25 years and for SC/ST/PwD candidates it is 30 years.

> A candidate can attempt maximum 2 times in consecutive years.

> Candidate should have completed their 12th examination or its equivalent examination.

> Candidates should have scored minimum 75% marks in their board examination and for SC/ST/PwD candidates it is 65%.

> Candidates whose previous admission at IIT was cancelled are not eligible to appear.
27th October 2016, 11:17 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE which is conducted in two stages as Main and Advacned. The examination is conducted for the admission of candidates in the B.Tech/B.E courses.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 or appearing from recognised board with PCM as main paper.

So,candidates with diploma degree are not eligible to appear for JEE and hence not eligibile to make it to the IIT's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?