14th July 2022, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in ECE after completing Diploma?

I have my diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering. I want to do higher studies. Can i study B.Tech in part time

15th July 2022, 12:38 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in ECE after completing Diploma?

Candidates who have completed a diploma in engineering are eligible for the B Tech Part-Time Program and will be able to enter the course directly into the third semester.

So, you are eligible to do B.Tech in ECE after completing your Diploma course.
15th July 2022, 11:14 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering through lateral entry after completing a diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The lateral entry course is a 3 year course in which you can get admission directly in the second year of the BTech program. There are different entrance examinations for lateral entry, and every state and university has its own requirements. Some are admitted on the basis of a list of merits and some through an entrance test and some are directly admitted.

The basic qualification required for BTech lateral entry is a candidate must have completed their 3-year diploma in electronics and Communication Engineering from a recognized institute.
15th July 2022, 03:41 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, if you have passed diploma, you can apply for B. tech in ECE from Lateral Entry after Diploma in Computer Science. Almost, all the colleges accept admissions through Lateral Entry procedure.
15th July 2022, 04:18 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do that. If you have completed diploma, you can apply for B. tech. in Computer Science from Lateral Entry after Diploma in Computer Science. Almost, all the colleges accept admissions through Lateral Entry procedure.
15th July 2022, 04:34 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Candidates with a diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering are qualified for the B Tech course in Part-Time mode. They will also be allowed to begin the course in the third semester.

As a result, after finishing the diploma course, candidates are qualified to pursue a B.Tech in ECE.
15th July 2022, 05:16 PM
Msdhoni02

Requirements:

Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 from a recognized board.

Students must clear 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.

Candidates holding a diploma in Electronics and Communication.

Entrance exams - JEE Main, JEE Advanced.
15th July 2022, 07:13 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I do B.Tech in ECE after completing Diploma?

BTech Electrical Engineering is a 4 year undergraduate degree course. Electrical Engineering course is mostly about electricity and its fundamentals. The eligibility criteria is class 12 pass in PCM/PCMB subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized school or university or equivalent similar to other BTech courses.
15th July 2022, 08:43 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can definitely pursue B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communication engineering.

Further, you will be eligible to pursue the same course through lateral entry where you get direct admission to the 2nd year of B.Tech. in ECE degree course.
15th July 2022, 10:06 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You are not permitted to pursue the bachelor's of technology through part time. You have to be available full time for at least three years if you are planning to do the B.Tech after completion of diploma in ECE.
You have to apply for admission through Lateral entry so that the duration of B.Tech course would be three years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?