8th July 2018, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Merchant Navy after completing BTech(ECE)?

I am studying in BTech with ECE stream. I am in my final semester and I want to join Merchant Navy. Please let me know that how can I join Merchant Navy? Please let me know immediately. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How a B.Com graduate can join Merchant Navy?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  3. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
  5. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after completing BSc in computer science
  7. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  8. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  9. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  10. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing inter with PCM? I have scored 61%
  11. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy?
  12. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?
  14. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Sc(Chemistry)? Is it a right option? -- [New]
  15. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  16. How to join Merchant Navy after completing B.Com?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  18. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy as a Deck Officer after completing 12th in BSEB board with 71%
12th July 2018, 11:04 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy after completing BTech(ECE)?

You have two options to join Merchant Navy after completing BTech(ECE). In the Technical field you can join Electrical Technical Officer (ETO) and in the Non- Technical field, you can join Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) course.

ETO course is better as you have hold a engineering degree. It is available for Electrical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication or similar engineering field. It is 4 months pre sea course followed by 4 months training on board the ship.

DNS course is to join as a Deck Officer. It is a 1 year pre sea course and there is an 18 months on board the ship training. After completing on board training, You have to complete 4 months post sea training and appear in D.G. shipping 2nd mate’s exam. This whole pre-sea, on board the ship and post sea training takes 4 to 5 year and you will be able to join as a 3rd officer.
13th July 2018, 09:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have B.Tech in marine or mechanical engineering with 60% marks, to become eligible for merchant navy career. If you have the qualification, then you need to undergo pre-sea training.

After successful pre-sea training, you can get jobs according to your qualification at various shipping companies.
16th March 2023, 04:52 AM
Unregistered

Which io better job eto Or dns
25th March 2023, 11:05 PM
Ar_pit

After completing a BTech (ECE) degree, you can join the Merchant Navy through various ways. Here are a few options:

Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course: You can pursue a one-year GME course from a maritime institute approved by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), Government of India. This course will train you in marine engineering and make you eligible for a job in the Merchant Navy.

Marine Engineering course: You can pursue a four-year Marine Engineering course from a maritime institute approved by the DGS. This course will train you in various aspects of marine engineering, including shipbuilding, maintenance, and repair.

Join as an Officer: You can also join the Merchant Navy as an officer through the University Entry Scheme (UES) or Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Navy. The Indian Navy provides training in marine engineering and navigation, and you will be eligible for a job in the Merchant Navy after completion of training.

Join as a Deck Cadet: You can join the Merchant Navy as a deck cadet through the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) approved courses. You will receive training in navigation and other aspects of ship operations, and will be eligible for a job as a deck officer in the Merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?