14th July 2022, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in ECE after completing Diploma?

I have completed my Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering. I want to do higher studies. Can i do B.Tech after diploma in part time.

15th July 2022, 12:42 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in ECE after completing Diploma?

All candidates who completed their diploma part time (means through distance education) in Electronics and communication engineering are eligible for admission in B.Tech (ECE branch).
For getting admission in B.Tech the candidate shall score at least 40% marks as aggregate and there shall not be any pending backlog permitted.

However, you are not eligible for part time B.Tech after completion of diploma in ECE. This is because as per AICTE guidelines distance education is not valid for B.Tech after diploma, instead of that the candidate can join b tech evening program for pursuing the B.Tech after diploma.
15th July 2022, 12:43 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes you can take admission in engineering in any department, when you are from any department in lateral entry.

Almost all the colleges accept lateral entries, but few of the most reputated colleges like IIT, NIT, VIT universities does not encourage lateral entry students.

But few of the top colleges which can accept lateral entries are,

1.Delhi technological university

2.Manipal institute of technology

3.SRM University
15th July 2022, 02:07 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after successfully completing a three-year diploma program, you can enroll in B.Tech in ECE. You may enroll in a lateral entry program for a BTech course. You can appear for*LEET exams. It also saves a year in the degree program. Also, getting a degree following a diploma improves your job prospects.
15th July 2022, 01:33 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do that. But you have passed diploma then you can apply for B. tech. in Computer Science from Lateral Entry after Diploma. Almost, all the colleges accept admissions through Lateral Entry procedure.
15th July 2022, 04:36 PM
Msdhoni02

To apply for BTech ECE program, candidate needs to clear the following eligibility criteria:

Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 from a recognized board
Students must clear 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.
Candidates holding a diploma in Electronics and Communication.
15th July 2022, 04:36 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Candidates with a diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering are qualified for the B.Tech course in Part-Time mode. They will also be allowed to begin the course in the third semester.

As a result, after finishing the diploma course, candidates are qualified to pursue a B.Tech in ECE.
15th July 2022, 06:38 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I do B.Tech in ECE after completing Diploma?

Undergraduate (UG): Candidates must have qualified 10+2 examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects. Besides this, students must also have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in the above subjects combined. The duration of the course is four years. The course fee is INR 2-3 lakh.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?